“Good BBQ and atmosphere!”
Review of MoJo's BBQ Shack

MoJo's BBQ Shack
Ranked #83 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just had dinner at Mojo's. Food was very good, service excellent, great music. Overall nice meal. Side dishes were tasty. We will go back as it was also reasonable which is hard to find in Portsmouth.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a gift certificate and since was staying in Portland, Me made the drive down. Thought we would give it a try. The place was clean and had a cool atmosphere. Our server was super polite. Food was hot came out fast and our servers recommendations were not in vain. Everything she suggested was excellent. Wished I had bought some of there bbq sauce it was super good. May have to go back again just to buy some:)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I only went here to accompany someone who really wanted to go. I have to confess, I didn't like it very much. I didn't want any barbecue but I was able to fill up on other things that were okay- onion rings, a large tossed green salad that was pretty good with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, red onions and croutons, and some sides like dirty rice, sweet and spicy cole slaw, corn, and cornbread. I didn't actually finish anything except the salad, rice, and cornbread. In the future, I do not plan to return.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is no shack- it's large with a good size bar (about 20 stools), fairly loud
(5 or so big screen tvs), and comfortable tables (20 or so). The menu consists of salads, desserts, burgers, chicken dishes, and or course, St. Louis style ribs with their sides. i got a 1/2 rack ( $13)
with 2 sides- dirty rice and cole slaw- all very good. My friend got a pulled pork sandwich ($10) with his 2 sides- slightly spicy collard greens and beans- all declared good. The sandwich and sides were moderate in size- certainly NOT a lot. The ribs had good flavor and easy to handle- not dripping in sauce and fairly good in size. This 3 year old eatery exists down a creepy side street in a plaza with plenty of parking. It has an entrance that would be easy for a wheelchair to handle. Beers on-tap are Guiness, Harpoon and the domestic stuff. I was told by Laura, my very friendly and helpful waitress, that Thursday is Wings Night and draws a good crowd and they are hopeful for outside seating for the summer to get tourists business during those months. I enjoyed Mojos but I would definately need another side dish and a good dessert to feel really full. www.mojosbbqshack.com (603-436-6656) Try it have fun.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I ate here several years ago - sorry, just getting around to reviewing it now. We were both very impressed and did not leave hungry. Great food, service, decor, atmosphere. Just surprised that there aren't more reviews; for a place as well-liked as this, I would think it would be more popular.