“Awesome Greek food!”
Review of Cafe Nostimo

Cafe Nostimo
Ranked #62 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Description: Located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Cafe Nostimo Deliciously Greek! brings authentic Greek cuisine to the NH Seacoast. Creating your all of your Greek favorites from family recipes handed down over four generations. Spanakopita, moussaka, pastichio, lamb, souvlaki and more! We also offer a variety of seafood, burgers, flatbread pizzas and a healthy kids menu. We offer dine-in, take-out, catering and a Greek imported food market featuring take-n-bake entrees, Greek wines and specialty products.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The authentic Greek food was really amazing! Perfect as a matter of fact...the best I have had at any Greek restaurant

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had planned to meet our daughter and grandson in Portsmouth for lunch. We had hoped to get into one of our two favorite places. But being a beautiful autumn day the was no parking in town. So web decided to venture out a little further and we were glad we did. The Cafe is in a little strip mall, but on this Sat. It was very quiet, unlike in town. The cafe is clean, larger than I thought and the food was very good. You need to go to the counter to order, was a little difficult with my grandson, but no a major issue. The delivered our meals and the employees were friendly and polite. I had the spanakopoa (?sp) meal and it was very good. It came with a large salad because I did not want fries or rice. The salad had nice feta and olives and just enough dressing, not drowning in it. The spanakopoa was nice and flaky and had a tasty spinach center. My son had moussaka. It was a plentiful portion full of seasoned beef and nice thinly sliced eggplant. He also had the salad but had fries as his second side. He ate every bite. The fries he said were crispy and nice and hot. We ordered the humus app for my grandson. He wasn't so fond of the humus, but beloved the homemade pita bread that came with it. All the adults thought the humus was seasoned just right and nice and fresh. My daughter had a gyro and said it was very good, she loved the wrap it was in. My husband had the burger plate. He said the burger was juicy and cooked exactly like he wanted. It was a good size and came with those tasty fries. He had his beer and we had spiced ice coffee. I would recommend this cafe. I like fresh food and we had this here. It looks like they have entertainment some evenings, it could be a fun night if we lived closer.
Again, I would not hesitate to recommend it for a quick tasty meal.

1  Thank Cyndy P
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nostimo has been around some time, tucked into a very odd location on Mirona Road just off Route 1 behind McDonalds - this is not a downtown Portsmouth location but a suburban (fancy) strip mall/office complex but a fine location when rye in this part of time (read:parking!). A few tables outdoors on a small deck and now even with a function hall. I would be a liar if I said I ever got much besides fried calamari - on it's own, as a lunch special, in a pita 'sandwich' - it's just really well prepared, crispy crunchy, and typically with some kind of nice fattening aioli sauce (you do have options but, go for the gold). My last visit was during lunch and for $7.99 I got a monstrous plate piled hi with green green beans (regular green beans with tomatoes), roasted potatoes (roasted up until cooked, then braised in a lemony liquid that makes them soft and tasty) with an ample smattering of crispy squid on top. Huge portion, almost a complaint because I ate too much. But this would be my fault for being a glutton. Side of dill aioli. They've got Greek desserts, some fun Greek wines, a couple tap (draught) beers, is clean as a whistle (noticeably tidy) and has a good formula for success.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

amazing food, love the vilage salad, chicken fingers and awesome desserts!!Never a bad meal always leaves me coming back for more!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful meal. The food was wonderful and the portions were huge!
Loved the moussaka, their soup of the day was great. Enjoyed a nice red Greek wine which I think went well with the meal.
A great experience - thanks to our (Greek) friend Karen for introducing us to this great place.