“Won't go back!”
Review of Cafe Nostimo

Cafe Nostimo
Ranked #60 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Description: Located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Cafe Nostimo Deliciously Greek! brings authentic Greek cuisine to the NH Seacoast. Creating your all of your Greek favorites from family recipes handed down over four generations. Spanakopita, moussaka, pastichio, lamb, souvlaki and more! We also offer a variety of seafood, burgers, flatbread pizzas and a healthy kids menu. We offer dine-in, take-out, catering and a Greek imported food market featuring take-n-bake entrees, Greek wines and specialty products.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Tried this Greek restaurant for lunch with 2 friends, who had gotten good reviews from friends.
Ordered our lunches at counter. One had the appetizer with sausage, grape leaves, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, and bread; thought it was just right. My other friend and I had the lamb Soulvaka with Greek green beans, and Greek potatoes. The lamb was over-cooked and chewy, the beans were only lukewarm.
The service was fast and the place was clean. For $10 the Soulvaka was not worth it!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Fantastic moussaka, Greek salad, grape leaves and feta dip. They even serve Retsina. Immaculate and super friendly service. Went for lunch, will go ack for dinner, and check out their catering menu for future entertaining.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We dine here often, both lunch and dinner. It is not a fancy place, but it is extremely clean and pleasant. The food is outstanding...I'm Greek and other than at home or in Greece, this is the best Greek food I've ever had. Portions are good size, plenty of selections and the food is fresh!

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is really fresh, you definitely can feel like with the first bite. I wish the atmosphere was a little more cozier and the kitchen noise wasn't interrupting us.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. The food is consistently good and the portions are ample. The decor is not exciting, but everything is clean and the staff is friendly and attentive.

What prompted me to post this review is our experience here a couple of weeks ago. We came in during a rather busy dinner time and placed our order at the counter, which is the way this place works. My wife ordered a Greek salad and a soup, while I ordered one of their dinner entrées. The soup came to our table fairly quickly, but then we sat for just about an hour and still hadn't received the rest of our food. We asked the waitress what was happening, and she went to check into it. She came back and let us know that there was an error with their computer system and the entire order had not made it to the kitchen. She apologized profusely and brought us a free appetizer. Our food came a short time after that.

A little while later, the owner came to our table. He apologized and thanked us for our business. He gave us a $20 gift card, which surprised us greatly. All in all they did everything they could to correct a bad situation, and I have no doubt we will continue to visit often.

1  Thank williesdad