“Great view, personal service and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BG's Boathouse

BG's Boathouse
Ranked #53 of 201 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "Where the Locals Go" - This family owned favorite has been preparing the freshest seafood on the seacoast for 40 years! Enjoy the beautiful water views of Sagamore Creek while dining on the 2 outdoor decks, in the dining room or in the Sagamore Pub. Come by boat as well! Open Thurs-Monday until Mother's Day. Open 7 days Mother's day - Labor Day. Open Thurs-Monday after Labor Day. We close for the Season in October and Reopen March 16th, 2017 for our 40th Season!
Elmsford, New York
“Great view, personal service and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Lived here for years and never made it to this place. Enjoyed our first dinner here last night on a return visit. We know what to expect from a typical lobster pound and were very satisfied. View and setting were beautiful; service was prompt, pleasant and attentive and the food was all fresh and well prepared.

If you want linens... go somewhere else... if you want a fun, pleasant dinner experience on the water in a beautiful setting... come here.

1 Thank steveInNY

Acton, MA
“Seafood right from the Ocean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

BG's is a wonderful spot to meet family and friends. Outdoor dining in good weather overlooks the water. Inside is casual and relaxed. It is the seafood and the service that are both exception. The wait staff are so familiar with serving children that they anticipate what you need before you have to ask. And the specials are to die for! Swordfish, local haddock, tuna, scallops, shrimp, all served several ways and if they have the corn chowder, don't pass it up, you'll be sorry you did.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Veteran's wife
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Perfect Tidal River View Deck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great spot for drinks and seafood on a hot afternoon
Good fish and chips, reasonable price.

Come by car, motorboat or kayak

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank skypix
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed what so ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Me and my family were on vacation this memorial day weekend in Portsmouth. I went online and googled places to eat. Bgs boathouse was listed and looked good based on food for my daughter who is 4 and us who enjoy seafood. I thought the place would be perfect for my family. NOPE ! THIS plACE WAS PLAIN OVERPRICED AND THE FOOD WAS OK. the wait staff was rude they were gossiping about me and my daughter. My husband looked on as they chatted about whatever. Our waitress didn't refill our drinks she had no smile was not polite. I will not recommend this place and ill never go back. They had plastic wear also. !!!! Ha I almost died. The bathroom too was our dated and dirty. Very small too. Was not impressed and disappointment for the money we spent I would of rather of eaten fast food. !!!! Beware people.

• Visited May 2014
NH
“Horrible food is an understatement ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I'll go back for a beer with a view, but definitely not for the food. Crab cakes were dense, dry, and incredible overlooked. Fries were soggy and cold while the coleslaw was warm. The clam chowder was runny and the salads look like they came from McDonalds (actually, fast food salads might be better). The red sangria was more like fruit punch and the service was mediocre. Go for a drink with a relaxing view but eat somewhere else first.

2 Thank SweetDee11