“Agedashi tofu is WOW!”
Review of Shio

Shio
Ranked #60 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good selection of sushi and entrée options, but the yellowtail was tough. Tofu was best ever: light batter, silken tofu, and balanced broth with delicate touches of bonito and nori. Could eat this weekly if I lived nearby. Very nice staff as well.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My Husband and I went here last night. I'll start off by saying that I am not a big fan of sushi, but my Husband loves it. I decided to take him here based on the reviews. I am so happy I made the choice to go to Shio. I had made reservations, and we arrived a little early, but they sat us right away. The place was very busy. The servers greeted us immediately. We ordered Sushi for two, so I could try new types if sushi. I had never really liked sushi, but after last night, I will definitely be back. Everything tasted so FRESH! I loved everything I tried. We were both very happy with what they chose for us. The only thing that I was a little confused about at Shio was that you don't have just one server there. All different servers come by and bring you things and check on you. Which was great because you never had to really wait for anything, but it is confusing because you don't know who to ask for something. Everyone was very nice, and overall the place is amazing, and I can't wait to go back for Sushi again. (never thought I'd ever say that!) Great job, SHIO! :)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I go to Shio about every other week. It is by far my favorite place to go for sushi, and very reasonably priced. The food is great, and the staff are very attentive and friendly. It's a great place to go with family, or a friend. I never go wrong with the Philadelphia roll, and the chicken tempura roll. They have a lot of choices on the menu, and the drinks are also good. I would recommend making a reservation on a friday or saturday night because they do get busy! I give Shio 5/5 for their amazing sushi, friendly staff, and fast service.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had heard that this was an excellent restaurant and it did not disappoint. We had a group of 4 for dinner on a Sunday night and everything was great. We sat at a regular table and shared a mixture of dishes between us. Everything we tried was delicious, the service very good and the ambience nice and welcoming. The only change I would make is to dim the lights a little. We will definitely go back and eat at Shio again as well as visit for takeout.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We just discovered this place, only 30 minutes from home. What a restaurant! Really creative sushi and everything we had was fresh and DELICIOUS. Wow! If it weren't for the embarrassing whale boat we ordered, I could have easily had more :-)

We will be regulars here. Anytime a restaurant is jammed at lunch? What a great sign! Shio will not disappoint. Enjoy!

1  Thank sci