“Finally Good Japanese in Portsmouth”
Review of Shio

Shio
Ranked #57 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Epping, New Hampshire
“Finally Good Japanese in Portsmouth”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The food here is awesome. Have eaten here numerous times and I have never been disappointed. Have tried many things but I must admit I keep going back to the Bento Box #2. Where else can you get chicken teriyaki, shrimp tempura, beef in a sauce, gyoza, large salad, miso soup and rice all for ten fifty. I always take some home. I would eat there every week if I did not live 40 miles away. I know good Japanese food I grew up in the NYC area and this is good Japanese. Service is always great and I love the little origami bird that you can take as you are leaving.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ke b

nova scotia, canada
“good choice”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Picked Shio from Trip advisor and it was a great choice. Delicious seafood Yake Soba, steamed shumai and solid maki. Great service-fast and nice community atmosphere.surprised to find it in a mini mall.

• Visited October 2013
Stratham, New Hampshire
“Truly excellent Japanese food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Shio is the real deal: fantastic Japanese food. Fresh and delicious sushi and delicious yakitori options. A spacious restaurant with both traditional Japanese-style and Western seating. The special options are creative and delicious. And if you happen to like eel, this a great choice for you -- lots of eel options! Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
Seabrook, New Hampshire
“Good volume sushi place”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is actually two restaurants, sushi and yakitori. The place is very large for a japanese restaurant and they do a good business. They have the staff to keep things moving despite the volume. I had the Sashimi entree, my wife the Sushi Entry and my dad a bento box. Everything was fresh, good portions and tasted great. My dad who doesn't eat japanese very often loved the combination of foods in his bento box. What I tasted from his was OK,not great.
Don't let my average recommendation keep you away. I've eaten a lot of sushi and average is not a bad score, especially considering the reasonable prices.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, excellent service, our go-to for sushi.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is our go-to sushi place on the Seacoast. I can only comment on the sushi -- we haven't ordered anything else -- but after at least a dozen dinners, Shio holds the crown. The sushi is fresh and consistent. The specials are amazing. I would recommend a reservation on busy nights, but the wait is usually under 30 minutes.

Visited October 2013