“Tempura was excellent”
Review of Shio

Shio
Ranked #57 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Hawaii
“Tempura was excellent”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were on a road trip and driving by the restaurant around 2 p.m. so we decided to check it out. It looked nice and clean so, ok, in we went. The service is excellent: very courteous and extremely attentive. My shrimp and vegetable tempura arrived and it was very good, crispy and light. The vegetables consisted of broccoli, carrot and zucchini. I did not taste the sushi which looked very colorful and fresh, but my family liked what they ordered. The price range seemed very reasonable. Parking is easy because it's in a mall. Easy access for disabled people. Bathroom spotless.

• Visited August 2013

Portsmouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our 7 yr old love it too!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had our 7 yr old daughters bday there last night (her choice!) Food and service were great, we loved having the private room. Adults and kids had great time. Best party ever and no clean up for mom!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lifetimeeater
ALTON
“My new favorite sushi Restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ate here twice in the last week a friend introduced me to it and I'm very happy as Sake in downtown has lost some of its appeal but this place is awesome and I have a renewed love of sushi and sashimi great Tako(octopus) salad love the seaweed salad and meso soap great rolls and I loved the scallop sashimi it was like buttah.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BLINDMAN04
Portsmouth
“Fresh sushi”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hands down one of the best places to get sushi around this area. Shio is clean and has friendly service. My boyfriend and I love the traditional Japanese booths, they are private and give you an authentic experience. I recommend the spicy tuna roll as well as the spider roll. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jillian M
Mount Olive, New Jersey
“Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A business Associates suggested Shio for for lunch, upon entering the restaurant we were greeted, thanked for coming and promptly taken to our table. The staff was very attentive taking drink orders, delivering menus, asking is we needed anything, etc. Our sushi rolls and sashimi arrived and was beautifully presented on a boat with ample ginger and wasabi. Everything was fresh with excellent flavor. The atmosphere was ideal for a business meeting or a private conversation. All in an exceptional dining experience which I'd highly recommend. I will return to again.

• Visited July 2013