“Best Sushi in New Hampshire”
Review of Shio

Shio
Ranked #58 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Never disappointed! Wonderful customer service. Portions are perfect and tasty. I highly recommend any of the soups on the menu. Everything is great!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hard to find fault with any aspect of this establishment. Very well run with owner's constant over-site. Always an enjoyable experience.

1  Thank acemeth
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On the strong recommendation or our son-in-law, who lives in Portsmouth, we ordered take-out from Shio on Oscar night. Both sushi and sashimi were excellent. And based on my brief time there picking up our order, I would not hesitate for a minute eating in the restaurant. It's in a shopping mall, and thus unprepossessing, but very good indeed.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The innkeeper recommended I take a drive to Shio when I mentioned I was craving sushi.

Honestly I was expecting much, as I eat at some very good places in the Boston area, when I pulled into the unassuming stripmall where it is located. However it was very good. Everything from the cuts of fish to the presentation were well done. Service was top-notch as well.

Highly recommend if you are in the Portsmouth area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice assortment of sushi, sashimi and hot cooked Japanese food. Good portions, nicely balanced meals and presentation. Bento lunch specials change often which makes for a nice variety.