Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
$140
$189
$169
AscendHotels
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$101
Ale House Inn(Portsmouth)
$199
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$194
$180
Hampton.com
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$182
1,369 results
All reviewsclub levelself parkingshops and restaurantsvalet servicenew englanddowntown areaindoor poolchristinestarwoodinkytownhouseharboursideconferenceloungeelevatorweddingappetizers
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I recently stayed in Portsmouth for an overnight, and we picked the Sheraton primarily to be within walking distance of the Market St., Commerical Alley areas. We booked at the last minute using Priceline, and paid what seemed like a pretty high price for Portsmouth. The hotel itself was fine--a little run down, perhaps, but basically fine. Parking was in a lot next door, for $10/night.

The room was fine; big enough, but nothing special. The real highlight is that it's just steps away from the shops & restaurants on Market St., Bow St., and that area.

I'd go back (but try to book further in advance to save a little money.)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I have stayed in Sheratons around the world and they were usually first class hotels. This must be the exception to the rule.

It started with a timid hello from check in person, no welcome to the Sheraton, no smile, maybe he was having a bad day but that did not give us a good first impression. As for the room:

-Water view room means you overlook the front entrance parking lot and the other wing of the hotel and have a glimpse of water in between.
-Very dirty carpets
-A/C unit and hair dryer that looked older than me (over 40)
-Loud vibration noise coming on and off every 10 minutes throughout the day and night

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank asia4me
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Dear Madam,

We are truly sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. It is not up to our standards to allow our guests to experience a stay like yours. We will certainly take this feedback into consideration and review the proper procedures with both our desk and housekeeping staff.

Although we realize you would be doing a huge favor to us, we would very much appreciate to hear from you directly so that we can work together to not only ensure we make other guests' experiences better but also so that we may properly resolve this for you.

With Warmest Regards,
Suzanne Roberge
Director of Revenue Management
sroberge@sheratonportsmouth.com

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I would like to thank Lee MacQuarrie for exceptional service. Our Guyette & Schmidt Auction company had a wonderful experience during our auction in August. Our staff and clients could not say enough great things about Lee and the attentative, professional trreatment while staying at the Sheraton in Portsmouth, NH.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Sheraton Harborside Portsmouth was a surprise to myself & my family who previously had not stayed in Sheratons. We tried to get a room at the Courtyard Marriott, which for a cheaper hotel was 200 something dollars, while we got a much better rate at the Sheraton, the valet parking was expensive but worth it. The staff was happy to get me a cup of coffee at 11:00 at night. Our room was both stylish and functional. I had some work to do for my job and the desk served the purpose. The room even had a nice flat screen LCD TV. The restaurant, Harborside Edge served a delicious breakfast. I would reccomend this hotel for anyone staying in the lovely town called Portsmouth.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

During the recent Tri-State SHRM Conference held at your facility, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting one of your employees who was tremendously helpful. Jonathan Ciampa, who works in Banquet & Conference set-up, was one of the first people I met when I arrived, and he immediately asked if there was anything that I needed. When I inquired about vendor display tables, he obtained what I needed and set it up for me .... all with a cheerful attitude ... thanks, Jon! I hope that your Supervisor/Manager passes along my appreciation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business