Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
$140
$169
AscendHotels
$189
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$101
Ale House Inn(Portsmouth)
$199
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$194
$180
Hampton.com
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$182
1,368 results
All reviewsclub levelself parkingshops and restaurantsvalet servicenew englanddowntown areaindoor poolchristinestarwoodinkytownhouseharboursideconferenceloungeelevatorweddingappetizers
Reviewed January 24, 2009

The property was very pleasant and quaint. The rooms very cmodrtable. Our only complaint was our view was of a gravel pile. The location was very good and food in the restaurant was terrific.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We just spent a week in NYC but stopped for one night in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. We live in New Brunswick, Canada and decided to break the drive up by staying at the Sheraton Harborside. We were travelling with our grown children and reserved a two bedroom suite. Nothing could have prepared us for the wonderfully decorated lobby, the comfy living room and cozy fireplace. It was a wonderful start to a memorable vacation. The staff was excellent and my 22 year old daughter loved reading the journal filled with stories from former guests. In addition, we were given a complimentary deluxe breakfast delivered to our room! What a most amazing retreat! The heart of Portsmouth had its own treasures to offer and we truly loved experiencing the charm and unique offerings. The next chance I can, I'm booking another get-away but my destination will be the Sheraton Harborside in Portsmouth.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton during Christmas for one night to explore Portsmouth. Check In was prompt and we received a harborview room on the Concierge level. Since the lounge was closed they compensated us with a $20 food voucher which we would use the next morning to have breakfast. The room was surprisingly small and dark. The great view of the Harbour compensated for that. Besides a huge plasma TV the room had an outdated feel to it and lacked warmth and feel. This was not helped by the lighting fixtures which all had fluorescent bulbs which give off a god aweful light. (think Dentist office). The bathrooms are also on the smaller side but everything was in working order and clean. The common areas are very nice and the restaurant has a great view of the river. The breakfast was very standard but wasn't lacking either. Unfortunately it took us a good 15 minutes before the waitress figured out how to credit the voucher to our bill. Overall I have to say that the Sheraton wasn't quite as nice as we would have wished for a beautiful town such as Portsmouth but I won't dissapoint either. Staff was very friendly and attentive but the rooms were bland and uninviting. We stayed here due to our Starwood status but I am sure that there are more quaint and inviting hotels in Portsmouth for those with no brand affiliation.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2008

The bar area was a nice place to relax and catch our breath.

Staff was very pleasant through a very trying ordeal with many travelers stuck and families without power filling the hotel to capacity. Employees handled the stressful situation with grace and were extremely helpful throughout our weekend stay.

Rooms were great and location is amazing for taking a walk through downtown Portsmouth.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I had planned a Girls Weekend for myself and four of my friends last weekend in Portsmouth, NH. We visit a local spa there on occasion and it was definitely time for a little getaway!

Unfortunately, Mother Nature didn't agree...we were hit with a huge storm that wiped out power for us at home (North Andover, MA) and most of New Hampshire!

I thought for sure that our girls weekend would be cancelled. The hotel that we had originally booked was completely without power and had no idea when it would be restored. With a couple of calls made, it was pretty apparent that it would be very hard to find somewhere to stay in the area.

I had stayed at the Sheraton Harborside once before on a similar trip, and loved it. We made the call, and miraculously, they had a room for us! This was amazing, as we were told that all 200 of their guest rooms had been filled.

When we arrived, we found the hotel beautifully decorated, and filled with harried and frazzled guests, most, no doubt, without power at home and trying to take care of children, elderly, and even pets.

The employees were great, starting with the front desk, who informed us that our room wasn't ready, but that we were welcome to any of the accommodations the hotel had to offer (fitness room, pool, restaurant and bar). I could tell that the employees of the hotel had certainly put in a long day, but we were greeted with smiles nonetheless.

I had the chance to run into another employee (I think she planned events there), who amist all the chaos I'm sure she had been dealing with all day, found the time to stop and chat for a minute and ask us about our stay. It's amazing how a smile and a minute of time can make you see that 'it's not so bad'.

Our room was great - neat and orderly and inviting (of course! it was nice to have heat and lights!)

When we got dressed and were ready to hit the town, the front reception gave us the low-down on the bars in the area. She even gave us a map and highlighted the great spots...she even knew which ones had power!

All in all, our Girls Weekend was great, and that certainly was in part because of the great service and hospitality the Sheraton Harborside provided.

Definitely recommend in the future!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends