Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
$153
$139
  • Breakfast included
$114
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Breakfast included
$132
$128
Agoda.com
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$107
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$144
1,358 results
All reviewsclub levelself parkingshops and restaurantsvalet servicenew englanddowntown areaindoor poolchristinestarwoodinkytownhouseharboursideconferenceloungeelevatorweddingappetizers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My best friend and I wanted to meet some where half way for both of us. She's from MA and I am from ME. So Portsmouth, N H. was perfect. From the first booking phone call to the valet, Evan at the entrance. we were treated and greeted like Sheraton "family members"! The conceirge, Justin came right over and told us all about the weekend activites, The N.H. Film Festival and gave us passes to go to parties, shows and weekend activities. My girl friend and I loved our comfy room with the crisp, clean, cozy bedding. It was to die for to just flop and catch up. Every amenity was met and we had an outstanding time. The management let us keep our car parked for several hours after check out to shop and Evan took good care of my friends brand new vehicle!! Sheraton Harborside tries very hard to keep you coming back ....and we will. PS. Loved watching the Red Sox win in the big screen bar on Saturday night!!

Room Tip: The river views are magnificent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Quincy Girl,

Portsmouth is a great spot for a girls' weekend away and we are so pleased that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your great review and we will look forward to the next time you visit us in Portsmouth.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Earlier reviews lead me to believe this would be a 4 star experience. It was not. The carpets are worn and buckling - particularly on the 2nd floor, the "deluxe corner room" had a window that overlooked the adjacent residential building, and the bath was a mess with cracked threshold, cracked sink, cracked toilet, plastic shower/tub and just dusty dirty throughout. When we checked in we were given a room that did not meet our reservation level and had to ask to be moved to the "deluxe". We had to return to the desk to exchange keys and make our own way back to the new room. There was no bell service, although we were offered use of a cart by another guest. The harbor side you overlook from dining and waterside rooms consists of a industrial working waterfront complete with two story high scrap iron pile and two to three story high black tarp covered salt pile complete with spare tire tie downs. There was a large wedding going on when we checked in and the lobby and lobby stairs were in use for the photos - just awkward. The parking is off-site across the street and is still $15 nightly, unless you valet, which we couldn't because it was full. Will not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: To get any type of decent view you must be on the 3rd or 4th floor on the water side. Even then you are overlooking an industrial area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MVTraveler31

Dear MVTraveler31,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with the feedback from your recent visit. We would like to apologize for your disappointing visit and assure you that this is far from the norm for us. Your comments are so important to us and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about them in person. If you are willing, please reach out to Suzanne at sroberge@sheratonportsmouth.com or 603-559-2616.

We are continually working on improvements to the hotel and our guests' feedback is a crucial part of how we make those decisions.

Thank you again and we hope to connect with you soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and I drove up to Portsmouth for the weekend from New York. This hotel was absolutely awesome! We loved it! Great location. It was close to everything. We did not use our car the whole weekend. The hotel itself was spotless. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The restaurant was superb. But the thing that impressed me the most was the staff. Everyone was so nice, helpful and accommodating. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will be visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear dmacBK,

Thank you so much for your great review. It means a lot to us. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Warm Welcome"

A corporate motto is usually just a catchy tag-line, but for the visitors of this hotel, it becomes a reality. The staff at the hotel were nothing short of superb. From the valet men, to the front desk, to the waiters/waitresses, housekeeping, bartenders, and club staff; everyone I met gave me outstanding service with a smile. It sounds a little corny, but I really felt like I was staying with family after awhile.

Personalities aside, the rooms and the amenities were bar none. Everything was fresh, clean, efficient, and in good working order.

The bar had some excellent choices in Scotch and Bourbon, and the food menu featured some outstanding apps and entrees. I HIGHLY recommend the lobster chowder from Chef Garth, as well as the gigantic lobster roll which was devoured by my buddy who shared lunch with me. Huge portions for huge appetites! We made it a destination on many nights of our 5 night stay.

That being said, I will definitely be coming back to this hotel and Sheratons in general.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Knocko N,

We're so glad you stayed with us and we thank you so much for sharing your great comments. We are so glad that our warm welcome resonated with you and we look forward to your next trip to Portsmouth.

With warmth,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Wonderful location, great hotel, staff, service, and the food top notch "Lobster Corn Chowder" Highly recommended. Close enough to the towns center, yet just far enough that you feel like your on your own island, oh and great views of the port at least from my room! Cheers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear DB- Delta Bravo,

Thanks so much! We hope you make it out this way again.