$330
$290
$279
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$249
$218
Hampton.com
$158
$180
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$161
$149
$137
Priceline
1,396 results
All reviewsclub levelself parkingshops and restaurantshotel staffvalet servicenew hampshiredowntown areaindoor poolchristineinkystarwoodharboursidetownhouseconferenceloungeelevatorwedding
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I went up to Portsmouth for an overnight get away from the kids. We took our Puggle with us. We were greeted at the door with doggie water bowls and a treat from the bell hop. Very clean hotel with great atmosphere. Parking is a bit tricky, as there is no free parking but for only one night it was ok. Otherwise we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Having a pet it was great to be on the 2nd floor next to the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Jjllspon,

We love dogs here in Portsmouth and understand what an important part of the family they are. We're so glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay and are also very happy to hear we made your Puggle feel welcome.

We certainly understand how being a small city, paying for parking can be a little surprising, but with the limited spaces downtown we do charge to protect our spots for our guests and visitors. Self parking is $12 per night and valet is $17. You will find that this is on par with the other parking charges for downtown spaces and hotels. Thank you for your understanding of the limited parking in the city.

We look forward to welcoming your whole family back again soon.

With warmth,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were planning a couples getaway without the kids and our grand plans were impacted by Blizzard Nemo of 2013. We decided to make the trip the following weekend WITH the kids and we were very happy we did. The Hull Suite was fantastic - I recommend it to anyone travelling with kids - the room is probably 1800 square feet, 2 bedrooms, a galley kitchen and office. We had such a great time - we had pre-purchased lift tickets for Saturday, but if we hadn't we would've stayed in the room all day - it was sad to leave.

There are a couple of key features about the Sheraton Harborside:

1) Location - my wife and I took an hour+ stroll around Portsmouth and we never felt more than a short walk from the Sheraton - it's right in the middle of everything! With parking on-site - its easy to find and easy to check-in / check-out. If you're going to Portsmouth, I don't think you can do better than this location. Views of the water / ships from our room too!

2) Staff - reminded me of what you'd expect from a hotel experience of yesteryear. I travel a lot for work and I felt that this staff was a far cut above from what I encounter on the road. Especially the folks mentioned below.

A couple of shoutouts to individual staff members- Suzanne Roberge was fantastic during our trip planning and I probably emailed her 15 times (some Nemo related, etc.) - she was always responsive - sometimes unbelievably responsive and always on the ball. She provided us with a couple snacks upon arrival that were so special - we felt like VIPs!

Additionally Vivian Stamelos in the club level lounge - fantastic. She was hustling the whole time we were there - clearing our table, offering assistance. Super sweet woman and its no surprise that she wins many awards for her great work. SPG should clone Vivian for all of their locations!

Room Tip: Hull Suite - so worth it when you are travelling with kids. Real privacy for parents with your own floor / TV / master bath / etc.

Dear K_Rock_43,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are sorry to hear that Nemo impacted your plans but are so glad it didn't stop you from coming to see us.

Please feel free to email Suzanne for your next visit too and don't forget to say hello to Vivian. She'll be happy to see you.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Nathan at the front desk. My family and I had a bit of a problem on our first visit, but Nathan made sure that this time everything was just perfect. What a welcoming atmosphere and very clean hotel. Nathan made sure that this visit was memorable and second to none. Thank you Nathan and we will surely be visiting you again in the very near future. If anyone is thinking of visiting Portsmouth, NH, overnight, I would absolutely pick the Sheraton. All my friends will be!!! Thank you Nathan!

Gary, Nicole and family

Dear Gary D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize one of our team members. It means so much to them and to us to hear about a job well done.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This past weekend my wife and daughters (3) were on a girls getaway weekend at the Sheraton Portsmouth. Three people were exceptional with taking care of my family's needs, they were Emily, Nathan and John. These three individuals were kinder than necessary and provided service that my wife said was second to none. I beleive that these employees make the facitily what it is ....great. Thank you again

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water are spectacular
1  Thank Paul M
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Paul M,

Thank you so much! We're glad to hear it was a successful girls weekend and hope they bring you along next time!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Upon check in they were gave away our club floor room. However once i pointed out the. Discrepancy the manger gave us access with room key. Our new room had a broken fridge, so they gave us a voucher for the lounge. The waitstaff in lounge was swamped and extremely rude. Was obvious they were not happy to see our children. Staff on club floor the next morning was also rude. Our children travel and eat out with us all the time, they are always poliet and well behaved. I would be the first parent to take a child out of a place if they were not well behaved. Overall extremely disappointed and would not stay again. Next time I will book a Marriott, always better with kids.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank mommamac4

Dear Mommamac4,

We are truly sorry about your recent experience here. This was unacceptable service and not at all up to our standards. We are reviewing this with the teams in the areas you mentioned.

Thank you for sharing your comments so that we can use them as a learning opportunity for our team. This is certainly not the usual for us and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back for a true Sheraton Portsmouth welcome.