“great breakfast”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Manchester, New Hampshire
“great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My friend and I have eaten breakfast twice in the dining over a two week period. We had the same wait[erson. Her name is Mackenzie. She remembered us from two weeks before; where we were going, (opera) and what we had to eat previously. She really exceeded our expectations. The breakfast was once again great and we sat comfortably for much longer than we had expected to stay. We were so pleased and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Barbara M,

We are so glad you enjoyed breakfast and thank you for sharing what an outstanding job Mackenzie did as your server.

We appreciate your comments and your business!

Sheraton Portsmouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I took a near home mini vacation to the Sheraton Harborside hotel, for one overnight and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I stayed on the Club Level and enjoyed the view of the Piscataqua from my window, the appetizers in the evening and breakfast in the morning in the Club Room, and a cocktail and delicious dessert in the lounge. Every staff member I met was friendly and sincere in their expression of being available to assist with anything I needed or wanted.
I will definitely be going back for another get away!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Tammyaf1021,

We're so glad you chose us for your mini get-away. Thank you and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad we were able to provide the relaxation you needed.

Come again soon!
York, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

From the moment we pulled in to the guest registration area to the time we loaded up our bags to leave, we were met with friendly staff at the Harborside Sheraton in Portsmouth NH. John Linnenhan a valet helped me and my mother settle into our rooms, and made sure we had a nearby parking space. Emily at the front desk/check-in also went beyond the norm with complimentary parking due to not being able to fulfill our room requests. And to top it off, as we met the manager, Steve, we casually mentioned that our visit was a family gathering to honor my sister's birthday. Steve then graciously and kindly offered us a complimentary bottle of wine for either our room or to go with our dinner. We enjoyed a wonderful meal right in the hotel with the gifted wine and then topped off with complimentary desserts (paid for by Emily at the front desk!!). I cannot imagine a more gracious staff. Thanks to all, the housekeeping staff was extremely pleasant as well as the rest of the valet staff. Thanks to all for making our visit so special. I live locally, so knowing that this hotel offers such outstanding service will make me tell all visitors to the region to be sure to book a room here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah H
Dear Sarah H,

Thanks for spending your sister's birthday with us. We're glad we could make it memorable.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share what a great visit you had. We truly appreciate it.

Warm Regards,
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I LOVE to bring my dog to the Sheraton in Portsmouth. They don't merely permit dogs, they welcome them! My request for a room near the end of a hallway (to minimize barking) was granted. The staff gave me a welcome package with dog treats and "pick-up" bags.
My recurring back pain chose that evening to flare up to the excrutiating point where I could not walk! Thankfully, the Sheraton had a wheelchair, and the staff members pushed me around the block whenever my dog needed to go out. They called a taxi for me to see a doctor. They put my car in valet parking (at no extra charge). And, of course, room service was excellent! The staff took care of me and my dog, so we were able to enjoy our get-away despite my back pain.

Room Tip: I've stayed in many different rooms at the Sheraton and they are all good. If you bring a dog...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Melinda B,

We are so glad we were able to make you and your best friend feel welcome! We really do love dogs here and we're glad you enjoyed your stay.

See you soon!
Newfields, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights in Portsmouth NH at the Sheraton Harborside, while there i found a nice little bar just upstairs from the main lobby. I found the service to be outstanding, the bartender was a young lady who's name was Lynn LeBoutiller was very friendly and had a great sense of humor. She was geat at sugestions as what to do while in Portsmouth. Lynn turned a boring work related trip into a fun stay in Portsmouth NH. I would sugest anybody going to Portsmouth to stay at the Sheraton and stop by and say hi to Lynn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Bigj1952,

Lynn is a great asset to our team and we thank you for sharing what a great impression she made on your last stay. We are looking forward to your next visit.

With Warmth,
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a one night inexpensive getaway.
We were upgraded to the club floor and a king sized bed upon checkin. It was a nice treat.
The complimentary breakfast is perfect.
The hotel staff is friendly, helpful and courteous.
The Sheraton Harborside is the only hotel I will stay in when visting Portmouth.

Room Tip: For a beautiful view of the harbor try the club floor on the right side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie J,

Thank you for taking the time to share what a great trip you had. We hope you return soon and look forward to seeing you then!

Felsted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here Christmas time while visting family in the area - fantastic loaction and the staff were really efficient and friendly. Really enjoyed my breakfast - all nice and freshly cooked - will be back on next visit!

Room Tip: high floor room had great view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sally W,

Thanks for sharing and we're so glad you made the trip all the way from the UK! We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

Sheraton Portsmouth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
The Hotel Portsmouth
The Hotel Portsmouth
#2 of 17 in Portsmouth
Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast

Been to Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel? Share your experiences!