“Sometimes great, sometimes disapointing.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Six Burner Bistro

Six Burner Bistro
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, New Hampshire
“Sometimes great, sometimes disapointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I rated the restaurant as average but that is an average of what I experienced. One night it was fantastic. I went again the next week and you would think they were trying to make the food bad. The name indicates that the kitchen has only 6 burners....then why was some of my food cool to the touch?

Visited April 2013
2 Thank spill_beans

NH
“Again...Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service/team, great management, great atmosphere! This is a "go to" for any and all occasions. So glad we are "locals"!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great North Country Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Really nice selection of fine foods. Try the goat cheese app and the pork schnitzel. The steak frites were also excellent. Not far off I-93 so it's an easy stop to or from the north country.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Johnth99
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“#1 in Plymouth?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Based on the reviews here, my girl friend and i decided to try this place out for dinner: after leaving were are still a little confused at how so many people gave this a high rating.

Service: we had reservations for 7:30, arrived at 7:15 waited for about 5 minutes and were seated by the host. Wine was offered, but we passed. Waitress was great, she knew the food and was about to answer any questions we had. Apps came out early, and server was not overly attentive.

Food: lacking, for a better term, we were left wanting something MORE, where was this food that all the reviewers were talking about. My bread was burned to a char, and our fries were unseasoned and bland. I never return food, but i did ask for another thing of fries, and they were the EXACT same! I am a fry freak and this was amazing to me, even McDonalds can put seasoning on fries! My g/f's burger wasn't cooked to order, falting the chef on that one, the waitress did ask and she gave them medium well, and it came out more like medium rare.

Value: pricey, for 2 people with an app it was over 40$. lunch specials are reasonably priced but dinner was too much for the food i was served.

Atmosphere: the final strike in the 3 strikes! The atmosphere was horrible! NH is known for farmhouses converted into restaurants, this can be done well, OR can be done poorly. We were seated in what once was a .... enterance room, very small bedroom? There was 5 tables in a very tight area. The lighting was good, but the noise level was unreal, i couldn't talk to my girl friend directly across the table! 2 of the tables need to be removed to make a more enjoyable place to eat.

I NEVER write off a place after the first visit! I plan to go back and give it a second try here soon, but after the first poor experience, i am left wanting more!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CactusJohn5
Thornton, New Hampshire
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beef tenderloin was THE BEST I have ever eaten! Vince told us that he buys his beef locally (can't remember where). One of my dining companions is also a beef lover and he, too, said his tenderloin was the best he's ever had. We sampled a lot of apps (had our holiday party at Six Burner) and everything was good. The only 'negative,' if it can be considered a negative, is the sense of arrival when you enter the restaurant. But, who cares. If the food is excellent, the service is adequate (I'm not THAT picky!), then I'm a happy camper. It is pricey, so we won't be able to visit very often, but if we're looking for a special evening out, then Six Burner will be high on the list!

• Visited December 2012