“Absolutely Terrific”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Meriden, Connecticut
“Absolutely Terrific”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My sister and I stopped here between shopping in Plymouth. We sat downstairs near the fireplace. Our drinks were served prompty. My desk clerk had given me a coupon for a free appetizer. We found out it was for the house appetizer only and thought we'd probably get cheese, crackers & maybe fruit. WRONG!!!! It was different styles of pizza presented on a long narrow board the width of the table!!! I will go out of my way for their Fish & Chips, best I've ever had! My sister had a huge chicken sandwhich served with fries. She could only eat half. Colin H our server was professional without being stuffy. He was a lot of fun. I will definitely return when I visit my family in NH

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Loretta P

Laconia, New Hampshire
“Pretty decent food, excellent service.”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food was pretty good here. Not the best I have ever eaten but certainly not the worst. It is a bit on the expensive side, however, for what you get to eat. We were staying at the Inn so decided to eat here instead of leaving the property. The staff was very friendly and our waiter was very attentive. The atmosphere is a plus and in the upstairs "lounge" area they do have a pool table. There is also a rooftop courtyard which we saw but didn't use because it was the middle of winter. I don't think I would say this would be a destination restaurant for us but we would probably eat there again if we were staying at the Inn.

Visited February 2014
Annandale, Virginia
“In the boiler”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a great bar/restaurant, part of the Common Man family of restaurants. Nice menu with wide variety. Unique atmosphere. Great place to wind down after a day of skiing.

• Visited February 2014
New Hampshire, United States
“Delicious and adorable”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great food with decent prices. The cheese and crackers when you walk in are my favorite! Ask to sit below and there is a nice fireplace or sit up on the top floor and there's a spot with couches and a pool table.

Visited February 2014
Pittsburgh
“Our Favorite Places Were Booked”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our past experiences with this restaurant were mediocre at best. We came back because it was Valentine's week-end and our favorite restaurants in town, Six Burner Bistro and Thai Smile, were booked.

We had two major issues. One the menu was underwhelming. There was little there that excited us. It was basic burgers, pizza, steak and a few fish choices. There was nothing original or interesting except the specials which they ran out of at 7:30 at night. We ordered a soup and two salads. The food was fine, but again, nothing special.

The second major problem was the service. I do not know if our waiter was new or just having a bad night. We had to repeatedly ask him for basic things, my wife's drink did not come until we were half way for our meal, remind him to bring the bread he said he would bring, fill our water glasses. My meal did not come as I had ordered and he gave me a look like "what do you want me to do about it, I wrote the slip correctly".

It is a decent place to get a drink before or after dinner, but there are better places in Plymouth to eat, particularly if it is a special occasion.

• Visited February 2014