“Not the Best......”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went with my wife for lunch. Not busy at all, maybe three other tables. Waited 45min for a sandwich and when the waitress brought our food she says as she puts it down, "too much?" refering to how burnt the grilled bread was. It was chared!! She brought it back and we waited another 15min for food. Sandwich returned and was fine. No comp on food......oh-well, not going back.

1  Thank Scott W

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having lived in the Lakes Region for over 35 years it is no secret that this area lacks for outstanding food. While some restaurants have great build outs, nice bars and great staff the food is what seems to get left in the dust. It is only a 20 minute ride to Fosters and it is a great place to kick back with a couple of drinks and some food on a Friday night. We always go back, but we would more IF the kitchen started using top shelf food. Not at all bad, just spoiled I guess. How hard is to offer what the greater Boston area has. Nothing really bad to say, just wish it would be prime quality instead of no roll.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stay at this Inn! It is really nice! Foster's has good food, though it is not my favorite of the Common Man chain. Do not touch a "cowboy steak," though, because it can be tough as saddle leather!

1  Thank PSU-NHDad
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We live locally and want to support local businesses but we have tried 3 times to get a good steak and they failed all three times. We have tried 3 different steak offerings on three different nights, thinking perhaps we just hit it wrong or they just got in a bad batch of meat but alas they just couldn't deliver a good steak. The manager was very nice and offered us a free glass of wine, but what we wanted was a good steak. This is just Not a good place to eat meat!
They have a nice cheese and crackers table set up in the bar area but you need to use the stairs down from the dining area to get it and they are a bear if you don't have good knees! I mentioned it to the waitress and she never offered to bring some cheese to us!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a few times, but most recently I was passing through Plymouth after 9 PM and hadn't eaten dinner yet so I was hungry but didn't want usual late night pizza shop fare. I wasn't sure that they were still serving but I stopped by Foster's Boiler Room restaurant. They were indeed still serving although the dining room was pretty empty due to the late hour.

The staff welcomed us, treated us very well and served up some excellent food. This restaurant (and hotel) is in a renovated old factory building. They have done an excellent job turning this community blight into an attractive and popular hotel and restaurant. The old architecture is interesting to look at and image it operating as an old mill factory. There are many historical pictures of the building hung in the public areas of the dining room and lobby. This is not a cookie-cutter chain location, it has some character. Add good food and good service and you have a fun and interesting place to visit.

If you find yourself passing near the Plymouth Area on I-93, stop in...you won't be disappointed.