“The Common Man Does It Again!”

Foster's Boiler Room
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Belmont, New Hampshire
“The Common Man Does It Again!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a few times, but most recently I was passing through Plymouth after 9 PM and hadn't eaten dinner yet so I was hungry but didn't want usual late night pizza shop fare. I wasn't sure that they were still serving but I stopped by Foster's Boiler Room restaurant. They were indeed still serving although the dining room was pretty empty due to the late hour.

The staff welcomed us, treated us very well and served up some excellent food. This restaurant (and hotel) is in a renovated old factory building. They have done an excellent job turning this community blight into an attractive and popular hotel and restaurant. The old architecture is interesting to look at and image it operating as an old mill factory. There are many historical pictures of the building hung in the public areas of the dining room and lobby. This is not a cookie-cutter chain location, it has some character. Add good food and good service and you have a fun and interesting place to visit.

If you find yourself passing near the Plymouth Area on I-93, stop in...you won't be disappointed.

New Hampshire
“Specialty drinks are good!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend and I ate there about a month ago...We got some drinks and an appetizer. It was good!
Very pricey. Kind of felt like we were bothering the waiter! But other then that it was pretty good.

Delaware
“Another good meal”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Second time here in several years...greeted promptly, had good meal and drinks. Good service. Would recommend and return.

Visited September 2012
Woolwich, Maine
“Nice Pub-Style Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I ate here twice while staying at the Common Man Inn. One night we started with the chicken tenders and I had the butternut squash ravioli (he had the lobster macaroni and cheese). It was very good, and the portion sizes were reasonable. The other time we ate there we started with the chicken nachos (huge!) and I had the margarita pizza for an entree (my husband had the BLT panini). Both of our meals were enormous, just like the appetizer, and we were not able to finish them. Everything tasted good, the portions were just crazy.

The house wine is a bargain for $5 per glass, and the atmosphere is pretty cool. I imagine it is nice and cozy on a cold winter's evening.

Both of our servers were friendly and accommodating. We also enjoyed the "serve-yourself" cheese and cracker station (although your server will also bring you bread if you like).

The prices were reasonable and the food was fresh; I would eat there again.

Visited August 2012
South of Boston
“Nice afternoon respite on long drive from Canada”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Returning from Quebec City in the driving rain, we were looking for a relaxing lunch on our way home. Foster's Boiler Room fit the bill for us. Inside, the casual decor was comfortable on a very rainy day. The house ale is made by Smuttynose out of Portsmouth, and the sandwiches (Reuben and Prime rib sandwiches) were well prepared and delicious. Service was OK, with one server for the entire downstairs (although only 5 tables). It was very efficient, albeit a little slow.

If you have knee problems, you may wish to sit on the main level, in lieu of getting to the open dining room below. The only difference is that the main floor is comprised of bar chairs and high tables. We would certainly visit again if we are in the area. .