“food”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Italian Farmhouse in Plymouth, N.H. is a proud member of the Common Man family, and serves delicious Italian food in a quaint farmhouse with spectacular views of 42 acres of surrounding land. Specializing in American-Italian fare, start off your meal with a selection from our antipasti menu, such as Fresh Mussels or Fried Calamari. Try our Antipasto or Verde Salad in between courses, and then delve into one of our hearty main dishes, like Farmhouse Scampi or Cioppino.
anderson,sc
“food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

An awful dining experience in a lovely setting.The waitress was not very attentive,sauce on one entree tasted like cream of tomato soup,2nd angel hair pasta w/marinara sauce[very watery]I've made much better w/price&ragu! Went to town and had wonderful Prime @Common Man,won't go to Ital.Farmhouse again,once was one time too many.John,S.C.

• Visited July 2012

New Hampshire
“Bland”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Several people have suggested The Italian Farmhouse, after trying it I really don't know why. Other then the interesting appeal of the building It was common at best. Seating was nicely spaced, the server was pleasant. The food not so much. Saturday evening at 7 nish should have been busy it wasn't I know why now. The meals lacked eye appeal,and I don't know where the flavor went but they lost it somewhere. I'm now 0 for 4 with C'man restaurant's, I think it's time to stop trying.

Goffstown
“Not Worth The Trip”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My dad and I had heard good things about this place. Decided to finally give it a try.

1. Self serve bread station was fun and the kids loved it.
2. Waiter Kevin was really great. Service is NOT their problem.
3. Meat lasagna passed my mom's test. I don't know why.
4. Sangria. That was sangria?
5. Tomato Bisque with bacon...not enjoyable. Tasted like clam sauce, watery, with little tomato flavor. Considering the time of year....it should have been stellar. Had to add a cup of the grated parm from the bread station.
6. Both kids (16 & 11) had the plain alfredo. These kids know their alfredo...and this was poor. Far too much sauce and enough garlic to keep the vampires away.
7. Caesar salad - underdressed and underwhelming.
8. Chicken Milanese - I am still wondering where the parmesan crusted chicken was. I got breaded and overfried breadcrumbs.

Common food from The Common Man family? We won't be back. Not sure why friends had recommended this place.

• Visited August 2012
“Interesting food, upscale Northern Italian and family favorites”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have not been there for a while but our guests who have continue to report good experiences. It's a lovely place and very popular.

New England
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I ate here with family. The food was excellent. The bread station can't be beat! Service was prompt. The restaurant is a charming old farmhouse, just like the name suggests. Highly recommended.

1 Thank magellan602