“Not bad”

Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Staff couldn't have done more- room was fine and clean. There were two beds - both very small so we slept in one each, the linen was clean and crisp which was nice. It was absolutely freezing and the heat worked really well for which we were grateful. Had a fridge and microwave but no coffee making facilities but thats ok as I boiled up water in the microwave and had my own teabags. The only disappointment was that there was no breakfast - there was cereal (two types) but despite sign - no milk. No bread for toast or anything else. A shame but not a deal breaker. The price was far from the best we have paid but over the road was $15 more so we opted for the cheaper option. Weren't disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 20, 2011

sunny and his wife were great. they came and sat by the fire with us. she was cooking something that smelled amazing and offered us some! needless to say it was mmm. what ever we needed we got, extra towels, pillows, blankets etc! if your looking for a cute quaint place to stay with no frills, this is your place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
bdlpv, Manager at Pilgrim Inn and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us. We love to have you guys come back next year. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This place is one of the worst I've seen in awhile-heat didn't work, dirty, overloaded circuits flickered, tiny bathroom, don't waste your money, plenty of better deals around here!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not pleasant with the Inn. We have already gotten an electrician to fix the issue with the light flickering. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, and try us again. We promise to make it up to you.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I were Married on June 26, 1965. We spent our honeymoon night at the Pilgrim Inn and Cottages. It has been 45 years. We are still married and we have never forgotten the quaintness of the room and the beautiful surrrondings outside the cottage. We are happy to see that your Inn and Cottages are still standing and offering other young honeymooners the experience we had. We did re-visit the Pilgrim Inn and Cottages on our 30th anniversary and hope to visit again in the near future. Maybe for our 50th anniversary

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cloutier45

We are glad that we were the first successful step in your long lasting married life. We are thankful that you have come back to the Inn, and we are glad to be of service. We shall see you at your 50th anniversary.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Travelling from Montreal, I needed a room near Bristol and wanted to spend about $50. Other "chain" hotels nearby were in the $80 and up range. I took a chance and called the Pilgrim Inn and was pleasantly surprised. Check in was a breeze and I received a room with a King bed and a small refrigerator. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the area was very quiet. I left the Air Conditioning on high setting and it was an ice box in the morning! Complimentary coffee, breakfast cereal, toast and bagels were offered the next morning, along with free newspaper. The manager even sent a 6 page fax for me at no charge. I would absolutely stay here again if I were to travel in this area again. The owners are on site and were very accomodating. If you are looking for a clean room and not break the bank, this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank hammie

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that your stay was pleasant. We thank you for traveling, and choosing to stay with us. We shall continue the good service, and good lodging facility for yrs to come.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I had booked a room at this motel and cancelled it a few days before my arrival after reading other reviews. The owner was very upset that I was cancelling and attempted to charge my credit card. BEWARE!!!!! I found a new charge on my card from this motel on my May 2010 statement (7months later). They will keep your number and attempt to charge you again if you cancel. I wonder how many others they have done this to. Can you say FRAUD!!!!!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank cwmomof2

I am sorry that we had to charge you for the room. When you called to cancel it was already passed the cancellation time period. We held your reservation and missed the opportunity to take reservation other guest while holding the room for you. I hope you understand that we have to follow the hotel reservation and cancellation policy. This is no different than reservation and cancellation policy offered by many other lodging and service type business. We thank you for considering us for your stay.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

We are from out of state and found the Inn through Expedia.com. The purpose of our visit was a last minute get-away to do some leaf-peeping. Besides the no-frills appeal of the cottages, it was on the side of a highway, overpriced for the offerings, not well kept up, odd odor and unbelievable noise and partying coming from other units late at night. We will try other places in the area next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plymouth
Red Carpet Inn & Suites Plymouth
Days Inn Campton
Days Inn Campton
#1 of 1 in Campton

Been to Pilgrim Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!