“We looked for a bed and breakfast with nice touches and were overwhelmed with the extras.”
Review of Federal House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Federal House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have stayed at bed and breakfasts from Nova Scotia, to Carmel, California. I always look for cleanliness, comfort, and the little extras that make me feel welcome. The Federal offers them all and some surprises! The house itself is lovely, every corner was immaculate and well decorated. The chocolate on our pillows with the menu selection for breakfast, and the weather report gave us something to look forward to in the morning. The breakfast was filling and superb. There were refreshments in the dining room when we checked in and a friendly innkeeper to greet us. We were visiting Plymouth State University and ran into another parent who had stayed in the local hotel. They paid a bit less, but then had to go out for breakfast. When we shared our experience, they said, "Don't tell my daughter, she'll be so mad." She ended up telling her about the B&B we'd found. She looked at her mom and calmly but greenly said, "You failed." Don't make her mistake. Stay at the Federal House Inn. You will be so pleased.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
23  Thank kim60968

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Possibly the most luxurious bed I've ever slept in, certainly the thickest matress - stools are provided just so you can climb into the wonderfully fine linen. We didn't even notice the road outside. Breakfasts were super, with generous between-meal "extras" - cheese & wine, tea & cookies, but to be candid give the post-prandial "port" a miss. The hot tub was a fine way to study the stars. Possibly overdone on the spicy air fragrances, but overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
25  Thank Bells-n-hankies
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Wonderful counterpoint to a outdoor activities vacation. Travelled with my two adult sons (ages 28 and 20) on one of our famous "road trip" bonding vacations. Beautiful setting amidst New Hampshire Lakes Region and White Mountains. This B&B was exquisite with well appointed amenities. Immaculate upkeep. The hostesses, Andrea and Frank, are genuine people and a class act. Perfect intuitiveness for being unintrusive but also present and engaged with guests just at the right time. Andrea's breakfasts are extraordinary. Nurturing service. No need for lunch since breakfast is substantial and just right to fuel us for our outdoor adventure each day. Absolutely superb wine and hor de vours awaiting at the end of physically active days very much appreciated: so much so we scheduled our days around getting back in time for resting with a drink and snack before regrouping to go out for dinner. The home baked cookies for evening were a big hit with my 20 year old who was also burning a zillion calories running each day. My 28 year old was very much pleased with the good fortune of having a working piano in the parlor with which he did not hesitate to engage each day. My favorite activity was resting out on the terrazza with its ancient old tree overlooking enchanting grounds. Best compliment is that adult sons skeptical of a B&B" stay were wildly impressed. I travel quite a bit staying in a variety of accomodations around Europe, Canada and USA. This is among my favorites. I am returning in October with my husband for our anniversary just so I can sink back into the comfort and care of this gorgeous B&B and surroundings once more. Che Bellezza!

• Stayed: August 2010
21  Thank BubbleWhirlwindTours
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed over an extended weekend from Friday through Sunday nights. Our beds were cozy and the house was wonderfully kept. The Inn keepers were a delightful and warm couple who put out a much appreciated wine and cheese spread in the late afternoon and made us feel welcome and at home throughout our stay.

Most notably, the breakfast served each morning was a delicious spread we looked forward to. The menu was different each day and the chef's creations were unique takes on scrumptious breakfast traditions. Everything was fresh and homemade and there was no doubt that the food served at the Federal House Inn breakfast table was the best in town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
18  Thank tcortese
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I found this bed and breakfast on Craigslist while looking for somewhere to stay during a short snowboarding vacation to Waterville Valley. The photographs online looked really beautiful, and the cost was extremely reasonable for a bed and breakfast, so I thought, 'why not?'

This place is amazing. We stayed in Doris' wedding suite (I highly recommend this room!). Never before have I been pampered with such luxury. With a hot tub, beautiful Victorian decor (including a clawfoot bathtub, two robes, and fancy toiletries in the room!) and apple cinnamon fragrance filling each room of the house, what was not to like?

The full breakfasts were two courses, delicious and varied from eggs to pancakes, to keish, wine and cheese were served each evening, and complimentary beer, soda, and a bottle of port sat in the corner of the lounge for guests to indulge at any time. The innkeepers, Andrea and Frank, live in an annex to the house, and can be accessed easily. They were wonderful, although we didn't get to spend as much time with them as past guest had (or so it seemed from the guest book left in our room).

Overall, 5 stars, absolutely wonderful, couldn't have better service or facilities. Definitely would like to return next year!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
13  Thank WaeR315
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Federal Inn while on vacation. The Inn was absolutely beautiful. The common rooms were very cozy and the hot tub was relaxing at the end of a busy day. The innkeepers were very kind and helpful and provided plenty of information about local restaurants and attractions. The Inn also provided many extras not found at other B&Bs. I would highly recommend the Federal House to other travelers and I look forward to returning there next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
9  Thank veganmom7
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We picked the Federal House Inn because it was between 2 places on our trip itinerary. While the inn is not located in downtown Plymouth it was a quick drive there. The inn is close to the road and a bit noisy at times from traffic but overall it did not disturb us. The public rooms and our room were decorated for the period and were cozy and comfortable. We had some problems with wifi but we think it was us since another guest was extremely pleased with the reception. We were asked about food allergies when we made our reservation and Andrea did an excellent job accommodating them. Breakfast was excellent - juice, a yummy blueberry peach cobbler, and an omelet. We have no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple