“Lovely B&B experience”
Review of Federal House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Federal House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Belmont, Massachusetts, United States
“Lovely B&B experience”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My family felt so comfortable at the Federal House Inn--as my fourteen year old son said "it's the best place I've ever stayed." We had lovely adjoining rooms, and were spoiled by Kevin's attentiveness. The chocolate covered strawberries the first evening had us hooked, but the breakfasts, with tons of fresh fruit, were out of this world. Definitely will return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
32 Thank Sarah E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Connecticut
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Federal House Inn. We went with our kids and the owners were so accommodating! Despite the freezing weather we had an activity filled weekend. Kevin recommended we try Zip-lining with Alpine Adventures and we were NOT disappointed! It was a great experience.
The following day we woke to yummy pancakes, bacon, hot coffee, juice and fruit to prepare us for a day of skiing at Loon Mountain.
We felt incredibly spoiled coming back to the Inn after skiing with the wood stoves burning and the hot tub bubbling.
It was truly perfect!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
33 Thank wbbeh
PLYMOUTH
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I have finally found an escape from family visits in this beautiful home. The first thing my wife and I noticed when we arrived is how well we were received by our Host, Kevin. He grabbed our bags from the car the minute we arrived and carried them straight to our room. From there we got the grand tour of this magnificent house. The decor is perfect and had all the right touches that made us feel at home instantly. Our room was amazing and the perfect size with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in...ever! Our fireplace provided what little heat we needed, and for the first time visiting my folks in New Hampshire, my wife was able to relax. Kevin, his wife and daughter are the best B&B owners we have come across...comparable to the beautiful B&B's we have stayed at in Ireland!!! The breakfasts were all amazing, and my wife loved the fact that there were options for those that didn't necessarily want a big breakfast. I, on the other hand, enjoyed the big breakfast everytime. Snacks before bed, a lovely Port out all day and a mini-fridge with soda and water were perfect too for a late night craving. I don't think I can say enough about the hospitality of Kevin and his family, and I would highly recommend visiting the Federal House Inn to learn what a real B&B stay should be like. P.S. Kevin's daughter's truffles are to die for!

Room Tip: Any and All!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
33 Thank jvanasse
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Rooms here are clean and pretty--the bed was the most comfortable I've ever experienced away from home--the linens were so luxuriously soft, slept like a baby. Overall, this Inn provided our family of four fine accommodations and the best breakfast we've eaten in a long time! Will definitely return.

Room Tip: There are two bedrooms on the second floor that connect--great for a family.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
34 Thank 4inthefamily_11
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This B&B has a very long history but is well updated where it should be with historical charm retained where it should be as well. I just loved my room. And even though my bath could not be directly entered from my room, but rather from a couple feet outside my door, it was so lovely this didn't bother me at all. So don't be detered if your bath is entered from the hall.

There were lush robes for our use, and lush towels, aeromatic scents in my room and a smell of Christmas from the minute I entered the establishment's front door.

The Inn-keepers (relatively new owners) were just lovely people. We had a chance to talk at length with one of them the morning of our checkout and I can't say how truly nice this man was. The food was amazing in quality and also a large quantity - so much so I gave a big portion of mine to my travel companion - which he was thrilled with since the food was just so good.

The hardwood floors throughout were lovely and the level of cleanliness is nothing short of immaculate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
34 Thank travelingNOW52
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This charming inn allows you to step back in time, while enjoying all the luxeries you might need while on vacation. Kevin is a welcoming host and made my mom and I feel like old friends. He is a generous and genuine innkeeper ready to go above in beyond to make your stay enjoyable.

I loved taking in the decor...there is constant ambiance to be experienced with the glow of perfect lighting, lure of wine, cookies and treats and if you are like me take in all details, the art and antiques will keep your eyes wandering from treasure to treasure.

I highly recommend the Federal House Inn!

Room Tip: Sally's room is quite sweet in decor and most importantly the bed linen and mattress provide the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
34 Thank CarryOnOnly_CJas
Lugoff, South Carolina
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After my son and his partner stayed at Federal House Inn, they decided to have their wedding ceremony and reception there this October and it was absolutely more than they or any of us family and friends could have asked for. Cassie, Kevin and Meredith created a phenomenal spread of wonderful reception food, refreshments and it was all served so elegantly. The ceremony was held in the Inn gardens under a grand,old apple tree and was totally beautiful. The accommodations were inviting and comfortable with period antiques and wonderful amenities. The bed and pillows are of the utmost plush quality and I dream of making my bed at home the same. They totally spoil guests with gourmet breakfast and evening treats and the best wine available. The ceremony and reception were a breeze with their help and expertise and we could never Thank them enough for making this "once in a lifetime" event the very best that if could have ever been. We look forward to going back and making more memories in this fairy tale setting.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
31 Thank Grateful4all
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plymouth
#2 of 2 in Plymouth
Squam Lake Inn
Squam Lake Inn
#1 of 3 in Holderness

Been to Federal House Inn? Share your experiences!