“Adventure of a Lifetime!”

Barking Brook Sled Dog Adventures - Day Trips
Leominster, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Adventure of a Lifetime!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

If a sled dog ride is on your "bucket list" your adventure with Barking Brook Sled Dog Adventures will exceed your expectations! Whatleigh and her amazing team of dogs worked in harmony to give us a ride of a lifetime! My husband was thrilled that he got mush behind Whatleigh as I soaked in the beautiful sights while appreciating the work of her and her amazing dogs! It amazed me how with a soft voice she communicated commands to her team who were always happy to please her and us. Impressive! Unforgettable!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Cathi C

Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Book a trip, you won't regret it!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

You will leave from your dog-sledding adventure wishing it would never end! Our musher was great. The dogs were awesome, both while pulling you and showing you love after their workout. There really is something special about being pulled by a bunch of dogs on a brisk winter day. Make you feel like you are running in the Iditarod! Book a trip, you won't regret it!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank NickBoudreau
Merrimack, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Dog Sledding”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This year for my birthday we went dog sledding with Barking Brook kennels. It was very cool. When we drove up we got to meet all the very excited dogs. The a team of ten dogs pulled us along a rail trail in Warren, NH. The trail itself was kind of cool and begins at the Redstone Rocket in Warren, NH. The rocket is there in tribute to US Senator Norris Cotton, who was from Warren (more info at Wikipedia). Anyway, we went 6 miles in and then turned around after a hot cocoa break. It was really interesting and beautiful in the snow. I was surprised by how quiet it was too. I guess I expected not to be able to hear anything over the dogs and sled. When we returned, the dogs were calm and quiet.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank JSchelly
HAWTHORNE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bucket List Must!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The dog sled excursion with Whatleigh was incredible! We researched several companies and decided on Barking Brook because of the unique 2-musher sled and because Whatleigh's passion for the sport is contagious. From the moment we pulled up to the dogs howling with excitement with excitement to meeting the puppies back at the kennel, the entire experience was one of the best things I've ever done! The dogs are so affectionate, and Whatleigh was a wonderful guide (her extra foot warmers were key when mine went cold!). We can't wait to see Whatleigh and the dogs again!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank MEGAN C
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun frozen fun”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My girlfriend got the "True North Adventure" package for me for Christmas. We were out with the doggies and Whatleigh for about four hours riding up and back Tripoli Road in Lincoln, NH. We had just received a huge dumping of snow the day/night before so we broke a lot of new ground and the huskies definitely earned their food. Whatleigh was an excellent driver and coach. We both got the chance to sit up front as well as help steer and brake in the back. If you thought this was going to be some lazy ride, you were wrong. I got to learn all about how the dogs are taken care of and raised from pups to retirement, what kind of food they ate, and everything else in between. The scenery all around was tranquil winter perfection. That being said, it was exceptionally cold that day (nearing 0 degrees F) and we both probably could have used a couple more layers of socks. Just make sure you overdress for warmth; you'll need it. In all, it was a fun and immersive experience that I would definitely do again.

Visited February 2013