“Best prime rib ever!”

Rainbow Grille & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We were on a wait list and were delighted to be told when we checked in that there would a table for us on Saturday. The service and food is great

There are newer reviews for Rainbow Grille & Tavern

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Dinner at the Rainbow Grille was a new experience. My husband and I stayed at Tall Timber Lodge, on the advice of friends. Luckily, they also advised us to dine at the Grille and make reservations well in advance. I expected fresh fish fare, you know, grilled on planks, simple, delicious. This was so much more.

Rainbow Grille's menu includes fresh fish, seafood platters. They also have an extensive menu of beef choices, prime rib, steak, ribs, poultry, pasta, with wonderful soup, salad and appetizer sides.

We ordered drinks from the cocktail menu and an appetizer of Clams Casino; something neither of us has had in years. It was delicious. We followed this with salads, a tasty variation of a Caesar and the Rainbow Grille salad which was a delight. I ordered fillet of trout encrusted with coconut, mashed potatoes and vegetables. It was, honestly, one of the best preparations of trout I've ever had. I usually like trout pan fried, in butter, with lemon. My husband had the salmon with stuffing on top and mashed potatoes. He was in heaven. We were unable to finish our meal due to the abundant servings. We took the rest back to the cabin.

No dessert. Too full. We did hit the bar for after dinner drinks. The bar is cozy and nice. The restaurant is subtly rustic, romantically lit, spacious and lovely. It's a nice accompaniment to this long-lived fishing lodge. I hope to eat here again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We try to go to the Rainbow Grille whenever we are in Pittsburg. You will not find a better meal around in that area. The food is delicious, the staff is incredible, personable, and never forget you, and if you like martinis it is the place to be. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant in such a remote place. You have to try it.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our food was well-prepared and the choices were excellent. Service was attentive and good. Prices were moderate, but not outrageous. Make a reservation.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

They have very good food. You have to make reservations long in advance during busy season. Not for me only because of the price but was worth it the one time

1  Thank canterburyshoe