“Are you looking for a great meal at a nice restaurant.........”

Rainbow Grille & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Meredith, NH
“Are you looking for a great meal at a nice restaurant.........”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Then stop waisting time and make a reservation. This place is bar-none, the best restaurant in the area. I have been here a number of times over the years, and have had times when I did not make a reservation, only to come to the reality that I may not get to eat here. Boy, were those some close calls. I couldnt call my trips up north complete without making a stop here. Luckily, the folks here will do everything possible to serve any and all who are intent on making this place part of their trip.

1 Thank mvachon

London, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit if you are in The Great North Woods”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Okay so, let me start by saying I love Pittsburg, NH. However, it's not exactly the cuisine capital of the world... so that makes the Rainbow Grill even more special. It truly is a wonderful dining experience, one that could hold up against restaurants in some of the world's more cosmopolitan, culinary-centric cities. The ambience is pure New Hampshire cabin, but of the luxury variety rather than the rustic variety. We had duck, elk, and seafood... all of which was perfectly prepared. We especially enjoyed that we were able, in many cases, to choose which "sauce" came with our main (i.e. au jus, maple vinaigrette, etc). My caesar salad had the requisite tang, and the Chocolate Moose Martini was heaven in glass. We didn't stay for dessert, sadly, as it was my husband's birthday and we had a cake waiting at home. But we certainly would have liked to. My only complaints, and they are minor, are that the waitress (who was very friendly) seemed a little overstretched and we had to wait a bit for requested water & wine refills, and also the onion soup was a tad too cheesy and under-seasoned (heavy on the sherry though). AS I say these were minor and overall we really enjoyed this meal and would happily return. Also, a great value for what they are offering. Our bill was circa $200 for six people. AMAZING. OH, by the way, book WELL IN ADVANCE AT WEEKENDS as it's not easy to get a reservation here (it books up quickly).

Bedford, New Hampshire
“VIP Restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere. Be prepared for it to be pricy. However, food and service was excellent. I was right on a beautiful lake and a very relaxing setting before and after dinner.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank OutdoorSteveNH
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“I love this place!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have never had a disappointment here. The staff is wonderful, the food awesome and worth every penny. The location is beautiful, and during the warmer months, to sit outside on a chair or the porch while waiting for dinner is very relaxing. The same inside during the colder months, because of the couch in front of the roaring fire. This place is a gem.

• Visited October 2012
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

With some of the recent reviews that this restaurant got, my husband, our friend and I were hesitant about going. Let me tell you, very impressed!! Our visit was this past Sat nite 1/5 after a day of snowmobiling and the food was so delicious!! We had prime rib, rib eye and all cooked the way we requested. The appetizers were awesome!! The service was "top notch", we noticed everyone works together, even the hostess! Kelly was our server and very efficient, knowledgeable, great personality. We will 100% be back and will strongly recommend this fine restaurant to our family and friends. Thanks to the Rainbow Grille and Tavern for a great dining experience!!