“I love this place!”

Rainbow Grille & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have never had a disappointment here. The staff is wonderful, the food awesome and worth every penny. The location is beautiful, and during the warmer months, to sit outside on a chair or the porch while waiting for dinner is very relaxing. The same inside during the colder months, because of the couch in front of the roaring fire. This place is a gem.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

With some of the recent reviews that this restaurant got, my husband, our friend and I were hesitant about going. Let me tell you, very impressed!! Our visit was this past Sat nite 1/5 after a day of snowmobiling and the food was so delicious!! We had prime rib, rib eye and all cooked the way we requested. The appetizers were awesome!! The service was "top notch", we noticed everyone works together, even the hostess! Kelly was our server and very efficient, knowledgeable, great personality. We will 100% be back and will strongly recommend this fine restaurant to our family and friends. Thanks to the Rainbow Grille and Tavern for a great dining experience!!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Are the food and service here good? Oh, yes they are. Is dinner here a pleasant experience? Yes, I would say so.

So, why then only 4 stars?

Because I don't think the food or the service come anywhere close to the hype or the promise. One constantly hears (and reads here) about how Rainbow Grille is wonderful, with superior ambience, and exceptional service. But, both times we've eaten there we found everything "just fine" but completely uninspired. Nothing to me, at least, that the chef here has any unique skills.

Let me give some examples: The Pine Nut Patter? A very conventional seafood casserole swimming in butter. The grilled Mahi has pepper pesto that's fine. But nothing in my two trips there has made me say "wow! THAT is terrific." Oh, except the smoked trout appetizer, which is awesome. Really! But it's not made in-house at Rainbow. Sigh!

If you want a nice relaxed dinner out, and you're in Pittsbug, The Rainbow Grille will satisfy you. Just don't expect an awesome gourmet experience. If I had stumbled into this place before reading any reviews here, I probably would have been well pleased. But all the hype led me to expect something more.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just wonderful food, service, view, ambiance! Family owned and it shows in the intimacy and attention to detail. Very sweetly decorated as a fishing resort, uniques, clever items abound. Loved every minute of it!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

we come here during our hunting trip each year to clean up and act right again for one night ;).

good solid food in a nice atmosphere .... people from the city would like it quite a bit

only big rub is they wont let you take a drink out on the porch to watch the sunset over the lake and mountains .... odd ??