“Good value”
Review of Lopstick

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburg
Lopstick
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed the two days before the Labor Day weekend. The property was nice. The view was great though somewhat marred by the power lines. This property is not on the lake but the lake is across the street. For swimming you need to go to the park just down the road.

We stayed in the Bears Den cabin. It was rustic but with all the modern amenities. It had character and the sloping floor of the front room added to the charm. This cabin is not fancy but considering the price it was a very good value. If you want fancy check out their other cabins. Though for a higher price I would look at some of the businesses that are right on the water.

The cabin was very clean and really does has everything. Just bring clothes and food. The mattress on the bed was a challenge for two people as it sagged quite a bit in the middle. Sort of hammock like. But as I said it was a rustic cabin and very fairly priced.

Very peaceful and quiet place. It has it all. Good for those on a budget or someone that wants a more upscale experience.

Room Tip: Bear's Den is rustic and basic. Good for those on a budget. Plenty big enough for up tp 5 peop...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to find all the characteristics that make the Bear's Den unique. One characteristic we were not aware of that I would like to thank you for is bringing the mattress to our attention. We were unaware of its condition, and as a result of this, we will be replacing it in the near future. As you also mentioned in your review, there is something here for everyone, which makes us all the more attractive to all types of vacationers. If you plan a return visit to Pittsburg in the future, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I adored Lopstick, as did my mother! We had not been away from home in years and we were a little apprehensive. There was no reason to be. The staff was extremely helpful and was able to advise us on all of the best things to do in the area. The view of the Connecticut Lake was perfect and I could see the Milky Way at night, so definitely do some stargazing if you go! We had a smoking cabin but we honestly could not tell that anyone had ever smoked in there. I would have felt comfortable eating off the floor but they gave us dishes and everything needed for an extended stay- we should have brought food so we could cook. We will next time. We only planned to stay one night but ended up there for two, not that we minded. Honestly the worst part of our trip was a brusque border guard on our way back from one of our forays in to Canada- only 16 miles away, and they were able to give us advice on Canada too because they know all about what is over the border and how to cross. They even let us have our dog with us- the owners are obviously dog people. The property is beautiful, well run, and we look forward to going again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. It is nice to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations. Everyone on our staff from the front office to the housekeepers take great pride in our work and appreciate any feedback we get on it. If stargazing is something you enjoy, you should consider a stay on a Saturday night, as on clear nights, Jim, our evening front office attendant does a segment on this after his shift ends. Just as you look forward to coming back, we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lopstick is our favorite vacation place. This is our 4th year going. We absolutely love it. The cabins are so clean and the staff is so so nice! We love the cabins. We have stayed in Riffles, Morning View, Gray Jay and this time we will be staying in Kiley! I can't wait! We look forward to coming here every year! We look forward to making this a tradition. :) HIGHLY recommend it there!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Carrieann,

It's great to hear that you can not get enough of us at Lopstick! You are correct in saying that one thing that make us unique is that we have something for everyone. Each cabin is unique in its own way and they all have a special charm and character about them. I think its great that you want to make it a tradition of trying new cabins each time, this will help you to remember each stay for its uniqueness. We can't wait to see you next year and look forward to seeing which cabin you'll choose to stay in.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had a weekend getaway with two of my daughters and one of their partners and we stayed at Lopstick in the Morning View cabin. The building is beautiful and is in excellent condition, is very clean, and the accommodations suited us perfectly.

The staff in the office was friendly, helpful and efficient.

This is a beautiful and well run property in one of my favorite parts of the state.

Room Tip: Check the cabin descriptions online to find one that fits your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Morning View. This is a great cabin, and is one of my personal favorites. On behalf of the entire staff at Lopstick, I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our dedication to providing our guests with the best experience possible, these compliments are always appreciated. It sounds as though you plan to return to Pittsburg at some point in the future, if you decide to return, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Spacious and very clean cabins right on the Connecticut Lake. Excellent and friendly service. Beautiful surroundings. Our fly fishing guide, Bill, was awesome. My son and I caught 8 trout. We're looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center. Cabins are right on the lake. Great for swimming.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Dennis,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you are already looking forward to coming back again. It is always encouraging to hear that a guest enjoys their stay to the fullest extent possible. It gives us a true sense of fulfillment in knowing that we are doing our job right. Bill is an awesome guide and takes great pride in his work. I will be sure to pass your comments along to him, and I am sure he will be glad to hear them.

Thanks again for your stay with us and until we meet again, take care.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had stayed at Lucky 7, July 13/14th and had an amazing relaxing and great time. Cabins were awesome , very clean and the people at Lopsticks are amazing and very friendly. Lucky 7 had no tv, or cell phone service, but it didnt matter, just enjoyed the screened in porch are and listened to the loons. Awesome. We are headed up to Lopsticks and try Blackberry Winter, this weekend and the time cannot get here quick enough. Hoping to see a moose this time, but if not will enjoy listening to the loons. And one of the great things about Lopsticks is that we can bring my girlfriends dog and he enjoyed the time also.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Ed,

Its nice to hear that you enjoyed your first time here so much that you re-booked a second stay within the same season. As I have mentioned in other replies, Lucky 7 is new to our family this year, and we have received several positive comments about it. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our staff and facilities, it is nice to know that all our efforts are appreciated, and this is proved to us when we see multiple bookings within the same season by the same person. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that the moose decide to cooperate with you this time around. See you very soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful modern cabins, super friendly service. Located on a hill overlooking First Lake, you can hang out by the fire ring in the evening and take in the views. The office has a small flyfishing store with all the basics. Canoes and kayaks available for rental. One of the very few places in the area with free wi-fi. Great value overall!

• Stayed: August 2012
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Max,

Thanks for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had such a great experience. There truly is nothing much better than sitting around the camp fire in the evening and watching the sunset while hanging out with your friends and family. With a little something to offer all of our guests, we are able to entertain all age groups. This provides them with the greatest possible experience they can have with us. I hope we will see you again soon.

Andre

Been to Lopstick? Share your experiences!