“Home away from home”

Tall Timber Lodge
new york
“Home away from home”
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I have been coming to Tall Timber lodge for four years now,it is truly a home away from home for me and my friends.We are avid snowmobilers and the hospitality given to us by the Carron family is second to none.Tom,Cindy and Judy are alway their with a smile and a nice laid back demeanor to answer questions about trails and the weather and are always very helpful.Corrine and Karrie also are at the front desk two of my favorite people and I look forward to seeing all of them every year.The lodge is spotless and The Rainbow grill is one of the best restaurants I have ever dined in.Make this your number one stop in the north woods

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
CT
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Accomodations were first rate, the stafff was very helpful and kind. The meals at the Rainbow were outstanding. A wonderful experience

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Hampton, NH
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My boyfriend and I come to Pittsburg every year to go snowmobiling. We stayed in cabin 2 (Alder) right on Back lack. It is a great location with one of the best restaurants I have ever ate at. They have a nice and friendly staff that are very accomadating. The cabins a very clean and stocked with everything you need when you are away. I recommend Tall Timber Lodge to anyway looking for a getaway up North. It is a 4 hour drive for us but totally worth the drive. They have great trails and lots of snow. We will be back before the season ends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
nh
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I have traveled and stayed at Tall Timbers twice (2006) since then I have purchased a vacation home in Pittsburg but I continue to return to Tall Timbers/Rainbow Grille to stop into the pub or dine at the Grille. The people there are fantastic. I had my wedding there in 2007....FANTASTIC...my whole family stayed at the lodge all 20+ from ages 4-64 had a great time.....Dave and Linda are the most gracious hosts...the staff is unbelievably accomodating and the food at the pub and the grill "WICKED GOOD". Definatly the place to stay if you are coming up to the Great North Woods...and if you dont stay...at least dine there....if you dont you are missing out.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
NH
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My wife and I stay at Tall Timber on average 4-6 times per winter. With every visit the staff exceeds our expectations providing clean, comfortable cabins and friendly service. We look forward to visiting Pittsburg every year.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We traveled to Tall Timber Lodge with a total of 3 families. Our stay in the Maple cabin which was situated a stones throw from the lake was outstanding. Our cabin was well equipped from all the cooking utensils, pots and pans to an abundance of fresh towels daily. Our kids all had the best time riding their mini snowmobiles and being towed on our toboggans around the lake. The folks at Tall Timber were the most accomodating hosts we have seen in quite some time. They epitomize the term "hospitality". Thanks for a very Happy New Year trip Tall Timber...we will be back again!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
NH
Reviewed December 27, 2009

The hospitality was wonderful and we had a wonderful time!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Notch View Inn
Notch View Inn
#5 of 9 in Colebrook
A Peace of Heaven Bed and Breakfast
Bear Rock Suites
Bear Rock Suites
#1 of 9 in Colebrook

Been to Tall Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!