“Over the top”
Review of Tall Timber Lodge

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went to Tall Timber for our annual overnight stay, two wonderful cabins on the water to house 9 guests. 3 bedrooms per cabin two baths...full kitchen, fireplace, clean and I do mean CLEAN!
What a great place to stay in total comfort! The hosts Tom, Corrine, Cindy, and Judy treat every guest with the utmost respect. And the meals, well let's say perfection covers it all.

Room Tip: Try for a cabin on the water....peaceful times ahead!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just returned from another visit to Tall Timber Lodge with three other fishing buddies. Unfortunately one had to return prematurely due to a family emergency and we all came in the same vehicle. Even with such short notice Tall Timber accommodated us above and beyond and was able to rent our cabins and credited our account for a future trip. This is a family business operated by family members. No wonder they have so many returning guest year after year. Great fishing, great food and great people.

Room Tip: Something there for all seasons.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Fishtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Hockeypuck04
Thank you for your guide remarks. I'm sorry you had to leave early. But, I'm glad we were able to rent your vacancy so you could be credited. We love having return guests that talk about building traditions and memories here at Tall Timber. I hope you can visit again very soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed in mid-week in June 2013 for a little solo fishing getaway. I found TTL to be a great base of operations for fishing and hiking around the Pittsburgh area. There's not alot around Pittsburgh in the way of dining and TTL has a good full service restaurant and tavern on the property, which is great after a long day of fishing, boating or hiking. The lake it's on is one of the more developed in Pittsburgh, so if you are looking for a lodge on an isolated lake, this is not that. Having said that, the lake is nice and not crowded, and the fishing is pretty good. The lodge rooms were clean, traditional camp style. Something I particularly appreciated is TTL has boats you can rent on their lake, and also canoes and rowboats on other lakes (without motors) that are available for no charge to their guests. If you're looking for a getaway to enjoy the great outdoors and still be able to conveniently have a good meal and/or drink at the end of your day, this unquestionably the best place in Pittsburgh to do it. I can see myself coming back with the whole family soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear hiker570
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. With the Rainbow Grille and Tavern, we really can be a one stop shopping experience.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to host you again very soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at Tall Timber 4 years ago for a Casting for Recovery retreat weekend at the Lodge. This year I returned for a Hope on the Rise retreat weekend....and my husband (and our dog) then joined me for 5 more days in one of the Tall Timber lakeside cabins. A fantastic getaway, in spite of not seeing much sun. THANK YOU to Tall Timber for supporting Casting for Recovery, and now Hope on the Rise.
The setting on Back Lake is beautiful and peaceful. The owners and staff...from the front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance/grounds and the Rainbow Grill and Tavern crews, were without exception friendly, efficient and helpful.
The Rainbow Grill is fantastic for breakfast as well as dinner....too good, I think, as we both gained a few pounds ;)
Lots of wildlife....fishing is great - as well as ducks, loons, geese, osprey and the majestic bald eagles right on Back Lake. Deer, foxes, turkeys, and moose within a miles or two of the Lodge.
The cabin was cozy and clean and very comfortable.....we did not want to leave!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fishtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Ann F
Thank you for your kind words. It's such an honor to have hosted both the Casting for Recovery and the Hope of the Rise retreats. I'm glad you had the chance to join the experience.
I'm also glad you enjoyed the area with all of our wildlife and beautiful scenery. As I here a loon calling now, it reminds me of how truly lucky we are to be here. We hope to can visit us again very soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

First time here and I would have to say that there truly is a reason why this place is number one on tripadvisor. I have been to the Lopster which is number 2. Tall Timber is more reasonably priced for the same peace, quite and comfort. Thanks, I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

my last trip was with my son who is 11 to go four wheeling with the ATV'S I have been coming to TTL to snowmobile since 2007 over a dozen times and never been disappointed the staff are totally friendly and treat you like family we stayed in a lodge room and had dinner at the rainbow grille all three nights the food is great there is so much to do or just relax on the edge of back lake you will love it

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Fishtheworld, Owner at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi Art -

It was great seeing you and your son visiting our neck of the woods again. We're glad that you both enjoyed the ATV trails in town and chose us for your father - and - son place to getaway to. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and we'll get to work on trying to improve the weather for your next visit!

Thanks again Art,

Tom

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed in Lodge Room No. 7, no issues. Courteous staff treats you like you matter. Food in Rainbow grill and Tavern were excellent. Hunting, fishing or a getaway, this place rocks. Love the atmosphere, much that attracted me on my first visits stayed the same.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Mark -

It was great seeing you again after such a long time, and we're glad that you had such a good visit with us. While some things may have changed since the last time you stayed with us, we have tried to keep the atmosphere and clean, comfortable accommodations unchanged, which is a good thing sometimes!

Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Tom

Been to Tall Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!