“Tall Timber Lodge Spring 2013”
Review of Tall Timber Lodge

and 1 more site!
Tall Timber Lodge
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A return visit for me and my three sons in law. Warmest welcome possible from Tom, Corinne, Judy, Linda. Sparkling clean cabin with easily operable gas fireplace for those chilly mornings. The Rainbow Grille dinners were spectacular...Simple choices of steaks, game and seafood, but pushed to an unbelievable finish by David. We ate in the tavern with views of the lake and quiet evening wildlife (including the Red Sox) I have travelled very widely in the world and this is at the top of my list. Come back? You bet. Boats on the lake for fishing with flyshop for supplies and Tom's expertise to guide us. This cannot be overstated as a primo destination...Go there and enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose a cabin on the lake for loon calls and easy access to fishing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Fishtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Phil
Thank you for your kind words. It's always good to see you and so nice to see such a great relationship with your sons in law. You touched on the many great advantages of staying at TTL, it seems there's very little else to say besides Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Corinne Howland
Tall Timber Lodge

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just spent 2 days in Cabin 6. This cabin has 2 bedrooms 2 baths. It has a full service kitchen and even a dish washer. The cabin was very very clean! The Front desk lady was very friendly. It was April so a lot of folks were busy working outside getting ready for the for Summer crowds. All the workers were so friendly. I can't wait to get back to Tall Timbers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carlene L
Fishtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hi Carlene
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you found your cabin as you would expect it to be. Clean and comfortable. Our housekeepers work very hard and it's so nice to be able to give them the notice they deserve. You caught us during our Spring cleaning phase. So the staff has been working hard getting the yard spruced up.
I was excited to hear you saw three moose on your outing. Considering the moose population seems to have dropped, seeing three is a successful outing, to say the least!
Thanks again for your comments. They are appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Corinne Howland
@ Tall Timber Lodge

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in the summer and winter... Every year it is my favorite vacation! We look forward dinner every night at the Rainbow grille. The "one fat fish" is heavenly! And Kelly, from our hometown area is a keeper! Try to request her!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gina G
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Aspen. It was very clean, and comfortable! We brought our dog with us and he loved it too! The staff is very nice and accommodating. We went to the Rainbow Grille to eat and the food is fabulous! The service at the Rainbow Grille was excellent too! The Bartender was great and so was our server! Also, Linda (I believe she is the owner) made us feel like we were at home. They made us feel like they knew us forever. I would highly recommend this place. We went snowmobiling and that was a blast!! Even though it is a 5 hour ride for us, we will definitely be back. Very nice people up there in New Hampshire.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been bringing my family to TT to snowmobile for over a decade now. The idyllic lakeside location, spotless cabins, friendly welcoming staff and the marvelous food at the Rainbow Grille keep us coming back year after year. If you snowmobile, there is direct trail access with repair shops & gas a stone's throw away. This year we stayed at TT three times between New Years and March. My wife wants to go back in June to learn how to fly fish! Last year we brought friends from Missouri and Texas for a snowmobile adventure. They loved TT just as much as we do. Frankly, I simply can't imagine staying anywhere else in New Hampshire's Great North Woods. Thank you Caron Family for maintaining your high standards over the years. I'm already looking forward to my next stay. Henry Sousa

Stayed: February 2013
Fishtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Henry & Francine,
Thank you for your kind remarks. It's always good to have you join us. The snowmobiling in Pittsburg can be the best anywhere, so it's a great way to introduce your friends to the Great North Woods. Then, what a great place to learn to fly fish. Pittsburg is so beautiful in the Summer. With the loons and the ducks that literally eat out of your hands. It's a different world up here in the "Burg" in the summertime. We look forward to hosting you again.
Corinne

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Tall Timber Lodge is an excellent family friendly place where everyone knows your name!
My Wife & i spend a lot of weekends there for snowmobiling & Of course eating in the Rainbow grille Tavern. The friendly staff is very accommodating to all guest requests! We feel that Tall Timber is our winter home, on weekends at least! If you haven't been there yet your missing a great time!

Sincerely

Bruno & Sharon

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Tall Timber Lodge and the service and accommodations were great. A great thing about staying at the Tall Timber Lodge is the Rainbow Grille. It is by far the best Restraunt I the area. We stayed in the Anglers Cove Cabin. This property was a great place to stay and convenient to everything. It is on the other side of the lake from the Rainbow Grille but the property and privacy makes up for the slight inconvenience of not being at the lodge proper. Another great service of the Tall Timber Lodge is the Verizon cell phone network extender they have put in place. Tis allows you to have cell coverage in the Pittsburgh area which is by and large a dead zone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Notch View Inn
Notch View Inn
#5 of 9 in Colebrook
Bear Rock Suites
Bear Rock Suites
#1 of 9 in Colebrook
A Peace of Heaven Bed and Breakfast

Been to Tall Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!