“Excellent!!”
Review of Tall Timber Lodge

and 1 more site!
Tall Timber Lodge
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Aspen. It was very clean, and comfortable! We brought our dog with us and he loved it too! The staff is very nice and accommodating. We went to the Rainbow Grille to eat and the food is fabulous! The service at the Rainbow Grille was excellent too! The Bartender was great and so was our server! Also, Linda (I believe she is the owner) made us feel like we were at home. They made us feel like they knew us forever. I would highly recommend this place. We went snowmobiling and that was a blast!! Even though it is a 5 hour ride for us, we will definitely be back. Very nice people up there in New Hampshire.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been bringing my family to TT to snowmobile for over a decade now. The idyllic lakeside location, spotless cabins, friendly welcoming staff and the marvelous food at the Rainbow Grille keep us coming back year after year. If you snowmobile, there is direct trail access with repair shops & gas a stone's throw away. This year we stayed at TT three times between New Years and March. My wife wants to go back in June to learn how to fly fish! Last year we brought friends from Missouri and Texas for a snowmobile adventure. They loved TT just as much as we do. Frankly, I simply can't imagine staying anywhere else in New Hampshire's Great North Woods. Thank you Caron Family for maintaining your high standards over the years. I'm already looking forward to my next stay. Henry Sousa

Stayed: February 2013
Fishtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Henry & Francine,
Thank you for your kind remarks. It's always good to have you join us. The snowmobiling in Pittsburg can be the best anywhere, so it's a great way to introduce your friends to the Great North Woods. Then, what a great place to learn to fly fish. Pittsburg is so beautiful in the Summer. With the loons and the ducks that literally eat out of your hands. It's a different world up here in the "Burg" in the summertime. We look forward to hosting you again.
Corinne

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Tall Timber Lodge is an excellent family friendly place where everyone knows your name!
My Wife & i spend a lot of weekends there for snowmobiling & Of course eating in the Rainbow grille Tavern. The friendly staff is very accommodating to all guest requests! We feel that Tall Timber is our winter home, on weekends at least! If you haven't been there yet your missing a great time!

Sincerely

Bruno & Sharon

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Tall Timber Lodge and the service and accommodations were great. A great thing about staying at the Tall Timber Lodge is the Rainbow Grille. It is by far the best Restraunt I the area. We stayed in the Anglers Cove Cabin. This property was a great place to stay and convenient to everything. It is on the other side of the lake from the Rainbow Grille but the property and privacy makes up for the slight inconvenience of not being at the lodge proper. Another great service of the Tall Timber Lodge is the Verizon cell phone network extender they have put in place. Tis allows you to have cell coverage in the Pittsburgh area which is by and large a dead zone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Both the cabins and the lodge rooms are very nice. Once you are there you will not want to leave! Great place to snowmobile and ride excellent trails. The Rainbow Grill has great service with excellent food. Along with all the guest this is by far is the best place you want to stay when travelling to the Great North Woods !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I found this little gem of a place on Trip advisor utilizing the ratings and thought we would give it a shot. Our first stay(July 2012) was for only 3 days, we stayed at Popular across from the lake. I did not want to book more than two nights in case the children were bored there. Well they loved it and did not want to leave. We came home and book another stay (August)that same summer, this time for a week in cabin 7, Spruce which was right on the lake front. The kids loved being right on the lake, feeding the ducks and giving them all names. We ate at the Rainbow Grille, food was excellent. We have already book another stay for a week this summer, staying in cabin 7 again. My husband is going to give fly fishing a try, I can taste the rainbow trout now. My kids are counting the days down, so are we!

Julie D.

Room Tip: lake front cabins are better choice for families with children, supervision is much easier at those...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you want to feel welcomed, and know that in the event something happens, there will be people there to help you, then the right choice is Tall Timber. I have stayed here on many snowmobile trips over the years. We have stayed in the lodge and in the onsite cabins. But, my favorites are the cabins off site. It is worth a little extra money. I had a situation with the cold weather freezing up the driveshaft on my sled. The folks here unlocked the heated garage, and allowed me to keep my sled in there at night to thaw out. The next main reason to stay here is, hands down, the best restaurant in the area. Rainbow Grille. Even if you chose to stay elsewhere, you must make this part of your trip. Make reservations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mvachon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Bear Rock Suites
Bear Rock Suites
#1 of 9 in Colebrook
Notch View Inn
Notch View Inn
#5 of 9 in Colebrook

Been to Tall Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!