“A Hidden Gem”

Murphy's Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Murphy's Steakhouse in Pittsburg, NH is fine dining in a casual, comfortable and rustic setting. Rustic appeal, cozy fireplace, wonderful views of 1st Connecticut Lake and fantastic food all make a very memorable experience. During the summer/fall months enjoy outdoor dining on the patio with a wood burning fire to add to the ambiance. Our menu features wonderful steaks, seafood, duck, and pasta. Join us at our Chefs Table! A special offering to guests who want a truly memorable dining experience! Chefs will prepare a four course customized dinner for you and your guests and will be table side before each course to explain ingredients and preparation. We'd love to help you with your next function, family event or celebration.
Coventry, Rhode Island
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I ate at Murphy's Steakhouse for the first time in February. It was fantastic. The staff was so welcoming, Georgie is a peach, and the food was so good, we came back the next night for more! Scallops, steak, soups = ALL FANTASTIC. Highest recommendations to you all!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chibanow
AtBearTree, Manager at Murphy's Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello "Chibanow" Thank you for giving Murphy's Steakhouse at try this past February! We're so happy you enjoyed it and came back for more! Thank you for the recommendation and for taking the time to review us! We appreciate it so much! We look forward to your next visit!

All the best,
Chantal Carney

“Amazing dining!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I along with our grandson wanted to try eating at this highly recommended restaurant via word of mouth and reviews on Tripadvisor. Thus we went on the Saturday of the Vintage racing and were NOT disappointed at all!! I had the duck breast with grand marnier and it was so tender.... served with creamy risotto and vegetables. My husband had a steak which was cooked to perfection. Our grandson could not finish his chicken fingers as they serve more then he could eat.. he had it the next day for lunch!! Our server Margaret was very helpful in picking out their favorite martini which was "Lakeside" and it was very GOOD!! The owners made sure everything was to our satisfaction and it was MORE!!! May I add they have a great wine selection also!! Wish this outstanding restaurant was closer to southern NH where we live!!

• Visited January 2014
AtBearTree, Manager at Murphy's Steakhouse, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hello and Thank you "Beachgirl"! We appreciate you taking the time to review Murphy's Steakhouse and we're happy you enjoyed your dining experience! We hope to see you again soon, we'd love to serve you! Best wishes, Chantal Carney
Placencia, Belize
“Fine Dining To The MAX!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Weekend getaway to the Great North Woods...

Had plans to dine at the Rainbow Grille only
to find that the establishment is open seasonally
only... Jim ~ the front desk clerk at Lopstick Cabins
where we were staying recommended Murphy's
Steakhouse and even placed a reservation for us...

Based on the name I was unsure of what awaited us
here at Murphy's... I was looking for a fine dining
experience rather than a "pub-like" setting... Man ~
did we get it!!!

The restaurant is situated at the Inn at Bear Tree, a
cozy little B & B right off Route #3 on the hill overlooking
First Connecticut Lake... From the moment we walked in
the door, I knew we were in for something special! The owner
greeted us and escorted us to our seating which was located
in the further dining area near the fireplace (there are only 2
dining areas with about 5 tables in each plus a back room that
is available for a group wanting a Chef's Tasting Experience)...
So cozy and quaint!

Who is your chef? I want him! LOL! I can honestly say that this
was THE BEST dining experience I have ever had in my life!
House salad with maple vinegarette dressing, apricot sorbet for
the palate, a twelve-ounce NY Strip Steak blackened and accompanied
with a brandied cream sauce and stir-fried peppers and onions
cooked to perfection... More food than I could eat in one sitting!
Try the cocktail named "Starry Nights"... YUM!!! David ordered the
deep fried wonton-wrapped shrimp with a tamarind dipping sauce, house
salad with a raspberry vinegarette dressing, ("What's this sherbert
thing"? LOL!) and a Surf n' Turf four-ounce Filet Mignon served with
shrimp and scallops, also cooked to perfection! He was as equally
pleased as I was!

Prices are a little up there but I absolutely do not mind paying when I
receive the service, hospitality and quality of food like I did here!
RAVE, RAVE, RAVE!!!

We will definitely be back the next time we are in the area and will
recommend to anyone! THANK YOU for such a positive experience!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cheryl21598
AtBearTree, Manager at Murphy's Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hello Cheryl!
Thank you for your very kind review! We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience and we'll be sure to pass along the praise to our Chef, service staff and Georgie! We'll also be sure to thank Jim "next door" for sending you our way! Thank you once again and a Very Happy New Year to you and husband!
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Amazing Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

One of the most amazing dining experiences I have ever experienced. The atmosphere and staff were also great! I would highly suggest a dinner at Murphys to anyone visiting Pittsburg.

• Visited November 2013
Hello and Thank you Suzy! We're so happy that your Birthday celebration was everything you wanted it to be! We enjoyed serving you and hope to see you again soon! Happy New Year! Chantal Carney
PAWTUCKET
“Outstanding Restaurant in an Unexpected Location”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at one of the Inn at Bear Tree's rental cabins Veterans Day Weekend. We made reservations at Murphy's Restaurant for Saturday night. It was cold and raw outside but inside was warm and inviting. We were greeted at the entrance by Georgie - one of the owners of the Inn at Bear Tree and escourted to a very comfy table near the fireplace. Drinks were ordered and we settled down to peruse the menu - and what a menu it was. My husband chose the Duck breast (it comes 2 ways - he chose the Grand Marnier) and requested the risotto as his starch. I ordered one of the specials of the day - Lobster ravioli searched with a vodka plum tomato sauce accompanied by 3 seared sea scallops and 2 jumbo shrimp. HEAVEN. My husband proclaimed it to be the best Duck he ever had and I agreed with his assessment - my lobster ravioli was wonderful and the sea scallops were large and perfectly seared

From beginning to end our dinner was perfect and Georgie, Philip and Pauline were wonderful and attentive without being overly so. Like I said, it was a total surprise to find a restaurant of this quality in such an out-of-the way location - it was far and away equal or superior to "finer" restaurants that you might find in the city.

The only thing that would have made this restaurant perfect was a cozy bar to sit by a fire with after dinner drinks to continue this perfect evening.

Will we be back - absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
AtBearTree, Manager at Murphy's Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review "Redheadskier"! We are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your dining experience at Murphy's Steakhouse! We enjoyed serving you and do keep your eyes open for the bar/lounge, we hope to have this available in the near future! Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Chantal Carney