“A little gem by the river”

and 1 more site!
Little River Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Peterborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We don't stay at too many B&B's because we like our privacy, but Little River was the perfect combination of privacy and friendliness. The owners were very friendly and helpful but knew the exact amount of connection to make without being overbearing. The breakfasts were yummy and there was always fresh homemade cookies available anytime of the day. The property was immaculate with all the little extras you'd expect from an upscale hotel. The location was perfect. Close to town but far enough away to be quiet at night. The river rushing by was beautiful. If we go back to that area, we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Just review their website and choose the one you think suits you best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This b&b certainly exceeded our expectations. Not only were the food and lodging amazing but Rob and Paula, were the perfect hosts. The Peterborough area was beautiful and the people were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

On a recent visit to Peterborough, New Hampshire we stayed at the Little River Inn. Rob and Paula are excellent hosts, and are very organized. The breakfasts were delicious and over the three days we were with them we had three very different breakfasts. The rooms are very comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent a couple of days at Little River and could not have been more pleased. As previous travelers have noted, Rob and Paula ae very congerial hosts; the breakfasts are wonderful; and the rooms are extremely comfortable.The opportunity to sit for a while beside the babbling river that runs along the back of the property was wonderful for unwinding, when we weren't walking in the woods or visiting town. What we especially appreciated were the dozens of little touches and amenities that made the place special - just when you thought it would be nice to have something, you discovered that Paula and Rob had already thought of it, and there it was, waiting for you. Such an easy getaway from the Boston area. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

A friend booked us a weekend here for our anniversary, and we had a great time. Rob and Paula are very gracious hosts, and really went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. We were in town for the fireworks in Jaffrey, which were abruptly cancelled the day before the event. Not to worry, Rob and Paula managed to fill our day anyway with some very knowledgeable recommendations about local attractions.
The inn itself is very homey, with a few luxe touches (shower with two showerheads - heaven!). For a city couple, the ability to take a catnap with the sound of a trickling brook in the background and sunlight streaming through the sheer curtains was a real treat. And I don't know what kind of mattress they have on the beds, but my very fussy back was never happier - somehow firm-yet-cushy.
But you can't review a B&B without mentioning the breakfasts, which were stunning. Creative and tasty, and served up with a nice dose of chatting like old friends.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the back of the house - the sound of the water is beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was our second stay at Little River and it seemed like "coming home"! Paula and Rob are so welcoming and really made us feel like family! Our stay was most comfortable again, room was immaculate and the breakfasts so good! In the warm weather, there is a wonderful patio/deck to sit and eat breakfast on or just relax by the babbling river. Rob and Paula provided us with so many great places to check out in Peterborough and the surrounding area...we thoroughly enjoyed all of them...Cathedral of the Pines, antique shops, great restaurants, ice cream shops and the Bridge of Flowers on our way back south. We look forward to our next trip soon...another relaxing visit! All the best to you, Paula and Rob, for the start of the summer season! Thanks again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor...great room with large bath/dressing area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Every stay I've had at Little River B & B gives me reason to recall my memories of the holidays, especially those I associate with Thanksgiving. During my college years when I lived away from home, I couldn't wait to enjoy the warmth, comfort and good food of my home. Little River B & B is just like home for me when I travel on business in the Peterborough area - it is clean, comfortable and welcoming - and just like my Thanksgiving days of old, the wonderful aroma of a fresh, home made breakfast and the friendly conversation at the breakfast table beckon me from my cozy room. While I've enjoyed the B & B during business trips and have benefitted from its wireless internet service and close proximity to downtown and restuarants, I would highly recommend Little River for those traveling for pleasure too - Rob and Paula are gracious and knowledgable hosts who can provide just the right amount of insight and guidance to enhance your travel experience and your explorations. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Peterborough
Benjamin Prescott Inn
Benjamin Prescott Inn
#1 of 4 in Jaffrey

Been to Little River Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!