“Great food - just 2 doors down from The Pearl”
Review of Bantam Grill

Bantam Grill
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great for lunch or dinner. Nice, casual atmosphere. Express lunches are a good value. Some of my favorites are the shrimp and grits, the brussel sprouts, the burger, the bantam chicken.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent food! We love this restaurant because of their local and healthy ingredients, creative menu, and friendly staff. Two minor criticisms are that they are sometimes short staffed which means a little bit of a wait, and I wish there were more gluten free dessert options (chocolate!).

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I eat at Bantam at least once per week. The food is fantastic, the wine selection is large and unique and they serve local brews. There's a large bar and bar area for the size of the restaurant and booths if you prefer your privacy.

Our personal favorite menu item is the salmon (under $20). We eat salmon a lot, every chance we can, so we're discriminating on this. I tried the filet mignon for the first time this week, it melts in your mouth. Here's the menu:

In addition to great food, Bantam has a great atmosphere. The pace is set by manager Russell who treats us like family and this attitude plays out in excellent customer service from the hostess, wait staff and bartenders.

When everything about a restaurant is great, and that's true of Bantam Grill, it points to great ownership and management.

1  Thank rmayhan
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Full disclosure here -- I am a local, more or less. I like to review restaurants after a few visits if possible. We started eating here last year and have been back about half a dozen times. Cliche'd as it may sound - it keeps getting better. First time it seemed so-so, but now we love it. Had chance to try different items on the menu. Like many things, but I particularly love the scallops (ordered w/o bacon since we don't eat 4-legged critters), done perfectly. Scallops can be tricky: not cooked enough & they're slimy & raw, overcook and they become like rubber -- these were perfect. My wife loves the homemade ravioli. Focaccia served hot with olive oil is great. Menu is nicely varied & they do chicken dishes very nicely.I recommend this place without hesitation. Decor is cozy. Wait staff is good.
Try it if you are near Peterborough. Don't let the location - an unattractive strip mall - be offputting. Chances are you will really like it. Chef is excellent.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Don't let the strip mall location fool you. Bantam Grill celebrates fresh food and great flavor better than many restaurants in much more impressive surroundings. The first thing you encounter upon entering is a chalkboard listing the farms, breweries and other mostly local sources for the evening's fare. The menu is an eclectic mix of some old standards (you can order a cheeseburger) to some intriguing novelties (brussels sprouts in duck fat) that left everyone at our table playing eenie-meanie because each was more interesting than the other. Our suspicions that we'd stumbled into someplace special were confirmed when the starters arrived. Any one of them would have been acceptable in the usual presentation -- a mixed salad with fresh buffalo mozzerella, a Cesar's salad and my crispy flounder. Instead, each was a reinvention of the expected both in presentation and flavor. They barely left room for the entrees of fresh pasta with locally sourced cheeses and lamb. Again, every element of presentation and every bite was special. It makes us look forward to getting lost in Peterborough again!

1  Thank Michael M