“Food could be promising, but something is missing.”
Review of The Waterhouse

The Waterhouse
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The roasted beet and warm goat cheese salad was very good, but so big, I couldn't finish it. My main course of a grilled chop was tasty, but enormous and when you added the huge pile of mashed pots and roasted veggies it was off putting. I would have been happy with half a portion and a sauce with more depth. My husband had a swordfish special with a pineapple risotto that was far too sweet. The fish was fresh and nicely grilled but the plate did not pair well at all. I wish expensive restaurants would focus on taste and less on portion, none of us at the table finished any of our courses. Less is more in my book, and overall I just didn't feel like we got good value. The restaurant is beautiful, and I so want to like it, but this is my first trip back in over six months, and I am just not bowled over.

1  Thank hunterpm

Reviewed October 11, 2013

If your looking for a great meal in Peterborough go to the Waterhouse. My husband and I both had seafood. Very fresh. Great service along with great food.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wow, the Waterhouse has never been better. Kudos to Keith, the manager, and his kitchen and wait staff. We had a party of 4 and everything we tried was outstanding. The service was so welcoming and attentive. The new menu includes lighter fare as well as signature dishes. Everything was fresh and delicious. You can't beat the atmosphere, right on the river, it's a very classy place. Reserve early and get a table over the water! When my family visits from out of town, this is their choice!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've had some lovely evenings at this pretty location. Beautiful view over the river, pretty dining room, nice bar. We've also had some very dull meals. One particularly bad evening, food served cold (braised lamb shank, must not have gotten through being rewarmed on the way to the plate...) Some very odd ideas about what to put in a popover, including maple syrup/honey combos that would be lovely for breakfast, but not so good with cocktails. Service is attentive and cocktails and wine selections are good. Perhaps some good consulting with the staff when you order would help avoid the low points.

1  Thank sunsetrockme
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sitting along side the river on a warm summer evening with my wife and good friends was fantastic. I expected the food to be fantastic too. At the price it should be and yet it wasn't. It was a good meal and I did have a good time. So go and enjoy the setting but don't count on fabulous food and you too will have a good time.