“You're paying for the view”
Review of The Waterhouse

The Waterhouse
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived for dinner early and were seated next to the glass door overlooking the river. This view was fantastic and we received decent service. The atmosphere was nice but the place got busy quickly. Menu options were limited. The food was presented beautifully; unfortunately the chicken was dry and the food was not worth the price. It irked me a little that they charged for refills of tea...perhaps it's a New England thing?

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited this restaurant for dinner on what happened to be Ladies Night. Reception was very pleasant and offered me a seat at the bar. General atmosphere was festive and noisy. Ordered soup of the day and a salad. The food took forever to come out. Had to ask for bread when soup was served without it. Soup was tasty, but salad was skimpy for the price. Even though I was sitting at the bar, I had to ask for a refill on my club soda.

2  Thank William P
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great dinner and drinks, a little pricy, but very nice ambience and style I had a martini with elderberry cordial, very good and different.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have been to The Waterhouse two times and it has been consistently great both times. They offer a very creative appetizer selection which is great for sharing. Dinner selections cover seafood, meats and pastas and prepared and portioned very nicely. I have had seafood both times (scallops and swordfish) and have been very pleased. They also offer a nice wine selection.
The small town of Peterborough is lucky to have such a fine restaurant and if you are in the area I highly recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

For a small town, Peterborough has great restaurants, and Waterhouse is at the top of my list. Staff makes great recommendations and really listens. Salad was very fresh. Steak was perfectly cooked and really tasty. Can't wait to come back!