“Good food - spotty service"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Waterhouse

The Waterhouse
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food - spotty service"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Imaginative and creative food in a lovely atmosphere. NYC/Boston quality in NH and at NH prices. Was there on a weeknight, however, and there were not enough wait staff for the number of patrons. So service was slow and disorganized. More attention to service and this would be a 5 star

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Wondeful riverside location. Friendly staff. Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I can't compare to nearby restaurants, however I was very pleased with my experience there. It's winter so the outside patio is closed, but I imagine it must be wonderful in summer and spring, the river runs litterally 3 feet from it! It's a gorgeous setting. The restaurant on the inside is nice too, modern decor but well done and in the main dining room there is a large, large bay window also overlooking (again ON) the river...

Service was nice. We were a party of 12 so hard to judge how it is for individuals.

The food was good. The Game Hen was delicious and the cheeze platter was generous for one or 2 person (it came without bread and when I asked for bread I got some kind of toasted crackers, later they brought the bread which was good with salads!!). The fried calamari were not up to par and the sauce was not great. The chocolate cake seemed the industrial kind to me, it was tasty but nothing you can't get at Trader Joe's.

Overall I will surely go again after a nice hike there in the spring/summer and if you can sit on the patio that would be perfect.

• Visited March 2012
Peterborough, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was a memorable Valentine's Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

The food and drinks were fabulous, the service was excellent. No problem there. What didn't work for me was the ambiance. I guess, because it's called the Waterhouse, the walls are a pale blue and the only decor are a few black and white photographs of water. Maybe it's just me, but I like to feel warm and a little sexy when I go out to eat with my husband and pale blue just doesn't produce the desired effect. Would I go back? Yeah, I'd go back with another couple, or a girlfriend, but not my husband on Valentine's Day.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
northeast
“Beautiful location, good food, friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had a great dinner with friends here. There was a variety of menu choices, even wild boar bolognese! The had an "old school" Julia Chid's beef bourguignon that night which was delicious.Our waiter was very friendly and fun.
Even though it was dark when we were there we could see the river rushing right by so I can imagine the daytime view would be lovely.
A great place to eat in Peterborough!

Visited February 2012
Enfield, New Hampshire
“Unique, well prepared and flavorful dining in a riverside setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

In Peterborough, NH, the Waterhouse Restaurant is located in Acqua Bistro's former location. While we were sad to have Acqua Bistro close, we were both pleased with the menu and atmosphere of Waterhouse Restaurant. We noticed a few simple decor changes and our favorite part continues to be a window table overlooking the river. Service is still impeccable and while some entrees are pricey, the presentation and combination of flavors in the food is very good. The appetizers and desserts are equally delicious! To offset a comment about noisy acoustics made in another review, we prefer to at dine at 5:00, as soon as they open. Not only are you most likely to have seating then with a river view, but it is quieter as well.

• Visited January 2012