“Pizza used to be much better.”

Bowling Acres Grill
Ranked #21 of 36 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This used to be our favorite pizza spot in town. We still order from there, but think it is mediocre at best now. It's like they changed their cheese to a cheaper cheese or something. So, nothing great, but not horrible either.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I haven't been here in years and went in tonight for takeout. Real good crust. Toppings were a bit light but not bad. Overall a good pizza.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

Have no clue what happened. For years we have come here and had some of the best pizza around. The staff was great, the prices spot on, and the food was terrific. You would see Tony in the back preparing the pizzas and all the items were fresh.

But.... about two months ago I went in and there were several new faces. The pizza I got was not all that great but I thought it might of been a bad night. Well it obviously was not just A bad night but things have gone down hill. We ordered a simple pepperoni pizza. Nothing special just a true basic for any pizza place. It was terrible, we should of checked it out before we left. It was over cooked, the crust was burned (not just a little but A LOT! Check out the photo. The cheese was separating and the sauce was very thin and way too sweet. Someone is cutting corners now!

Right after we got home I immediately called down. I was told to wait a minute and the person put the phone on the counter.... for about 5 minutes I just heard people talking and someone said "oh yeah, someone on the phone wants to b#%$^ about their pizza." The next person said "they can wait." Well I waited and then suddenly the phone was hung up.

This is so sad... what was once one of the better pizza places in the Monadnock Region now has gone down hill.

2  Thank Hawaiiantraveler66