“perfect for us!”

Pawtuckaway State Park
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've been camping here since I was young for about 15 years now! My boyfriend loves it. I love it! Loved my campsite(going to keep it a secret,) the staff is Incredibly helpful. I can't say enough good things about the park. We booked an RV site and had so much room for activities! We had a four person tent, two person tent, two cars, and we were able to play horsehoes without feeling cramped.

Wish the wood bundles were less expensive but at the same time we had to keep buying more wood because of the rain and we had to keep the fire going (we cook on the open fire.)

Looking forward to going back in August and October!

There are newer reviews for Pawtuckaway State Park

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice picnic area and beach. Water looked very clean. Restroom facilities clean. Handicapped accessible.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pawtuckaway is by far the best campground I'v ever been to. Camping on an island at the water's edge and taking a dip whenever you are in the mood...Also, the most unbelieveable sunsets! If you follow the rules, you are left alone, unlike the New York State campgrounds where you feel like you're on a military base with all the patrols and multiple staff everywhere watching your every move. Such a beautiful lake dotted with islands and surrounded with mountains & hills and only a 10 minute drive into the town of Raymond. Bathrooms are always clean. Friendly ducks always pay a visit. It doesn't get better than this.

1  Thank Ed80
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Large park. Good facilities. Nice picnic areas. Great swimming. go early to get a good location. Gets very crowded on weekends.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We did a weekend day Hike in Pawtuckaway in Early January with ten 20-30 aged friends. Without really having a specific route in mind we decided to do the South and Middle Mountains in one big loop. Views from the tower atop the South Mountain were beautiful and the entire Park was covered in nice fresh powder. Would definitely recommend for an easy-moderate day hike.