“Always a great meal!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Concord, New Hampshire
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have been going to Johnson's for over a decade. We always enjoy the chicken tenders, chocolate shakes, and fried mushrooms. I personally love the baked fish sandwich. It is always cooked to perfection and the roll is so soft and yummy!!! Over the years they have added more side choices, which is nice. We have never ever had a bad meal or service there. It's always clean as well. We love it there!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alana K

NH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,108 helpful votes
“Big Portions at Johnsons”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were immediately seated. The server brought fresh rolls, which we devoured, since we hadn’t eaten much else that day and we were very hungry.

The fried mushroom appetizer sounded good, so we placed the appetizer order right away. If we had seen this portion size of the appetizer before we ordered our meals, we may have downsized our entrée selections. The portion of mushrooms we received was enough to feed four people--the plate was piled high with fresh mushrooms, dipped in light batter, and fried just enough to seal in all the juices.

My companion ordered a haddock sandwich. Rather than the expected slab of fried haddock, the fish was baked and light & flakey, served on a grilled bun. By this time, it was certain the bun would be left on the plate, due to the portion size. The meal came with a generous serving of sweet potato fries and a cup of coleslaw that, unfortunately, my companion was too full to touch.

I ordered a hamburger with bacon bits, lettuce, and tomato. The six ounce burger was an ample portion, especially with the sweet potato fries. Like my companion, I could not even touch the accompanying coleslaw, though we have had it in the past and can vouch for it.

Needless to say, we have never had a dessert at any Johnson's restaurant. We usually pass by them in the display case on the way out and promise ourselves the next time to skip the appetizer to leave room for dessert. The portions are more than ample. You will never leave hungry.

Johnson's are family restaurants. The atmosphere is almost always noisy and bustling. The Northwood location featured modern country background music when we visited. This is not a place to relax or get peace and quiet. But you will not be hungry when you leave!

• Visited April 2014
Loudon, New Hampshire
“Used to love this place. Now, not so much.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

What a disappointment. My wife and I used to eat at the Northwood Johnsons all the time. But as long time staff started leaving we slowed our visits because quality slipped, cleanliness became an issue, and the flies were ridiculous. So after months of not going, we decided tonight to try again... Why did we bother? My wife was served he wrong meal altogether, after a good serving of lip service from the waitress, she brought her what she ordered. Then we had to eat separately because they didn't want to take my meal back while they remade hers. The baked potatoes both had huge black rotten looking spots, They had no fresh potatoes to offer in their place. The waitress and hostess were both unapologetic and made no offer to make it right. Sorry to see an iconic place like this deteriorate to mediocrity.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank James T
Virginia
“Enjoyed the Seafood”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

i've eaten at Johnson's Seafood and Steak several times on the way to or back from Nova Scotia. Nice atmosphere, although somewhat bustling. Very good service. We both had seafood, for me a lobster roll that was one of the better ones I had on this trip that included Maine, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. All in all, not an extraordinary restaurant, but a good and reasonably priced one with a nice selection of wines by the glass. I'd not only be pleseed to go back, but will keep in mind that it's there when planning itineraries.

• Visited August 2013
“Yummy treat!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The portions are large and the ice cream is fresh and homemade. Very reasonable priced items for ice cream

• Visited August 2013