“Flies buzzing our COLD food”
Review of Ray's Lobster Landing - CLOSED

Ray's Lobster Landing
North Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Flies buzzing our COLD food”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I don't know about you, but for me and my wife, fending off flies while trying to eat dinner is not terribly appetizing. (Otherwise we'd do a picnic!)

Oddly enough, this was not our first time here. In our previous visit, less than a month ago, we had a much better experience (no flies - hot tasty food).

This time, the food itself wasn't bad, but I had to send my bowl of clam 'chowdah' back for reheating and our stuffed mushroom appetizers were pretty cold too. Surprisingly, my wife's seafood chowder and my son's chilli was plenty hot. The restaurant was pretty empty and not busy at all, so I don't exactly know what the excuse was.

My shrimp scampi was pretty dull in the taste department. However, my wife's baked seafood casserole, although pricey (around $24), was very tasty.

Service was okay, but we had to wait to get the check longer than I'd like.

Between the appetizer, soups, entrees and fountain sodas, we averaged $33 per person.

I rated the atmosphere as terrible - 'cause of the flies.

Based on having had 2 very different experiences on both of our recent visits here, I would say that there is a lack of consistency. So...if you're the type that likes to gamble, give it a shot!

• Visited August 2013

Berlin, Connecticut
“overhyped”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Lobster roll was small, prices way too high, I can get a better lobster roll in Ct for better prices. We didn't order the steamers because they were 20 dollars for 2 pounds! Really? If the portions were there I can see paying the money for fresh seafood, but come on.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Loralie30
Fairborn, Ohio
“Value Priced Food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped here after trying to eat at a restaurant on the shore. At the shore we were told there was an hour wait for a table and then an hour wait for food. This is an okay place to eat but just not special. The food is reasonably priced and it's good. We had Clam Chowder ($6.99), Chili ($6.99), Special Salad ($8.99) and a Baked Haddock Roll ($9.99). The service and atmosphere are okay too. Since it is not on the shore, one can park nearby and have a good meal in a reasonable amount of time.

• Visited August 2013
Raymond, New Hampshire
“Never go back”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Arrived 5:15 pm seated right away we were a party of 3 adults an 1 child.
Food that was ordered is as follows:
Baked scallops dish full of water tasted terrible
onion soup terrible very large chucks of onion
Shrimp passable nothing to take note about
chicken nugget basket Okay
for drinks there was ice tea, water, root beer, an a glass of wine.
Also think about it we were set right next to the BAR with a child.
Our meal came to $85.00 a bit much for the lack of taste.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank my7grandkids
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Average Food, Very Low Sense of Urgency”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a new restaurant in the NH Seacoast area. We were hoping to find a local gem that could put into our family dining out rotation. What we found was a location with a lot of unrealized potential.

Pros: Great location, easy parking, good atmosphere, clean and well maintained, friendly enough staff

Cons: Painfully slow (30 minutes until we saw drinks, had to flag down the hostess to locate our waitress), average food (not as good as their sister restaurant in Rye), hot... HVAC system was not up to the task.

There are lots of other choices in the seacoast for seafood (The Old Salt, Al's Seafood, etc). I'd pass on this one. We'll try them again next summer to see if they've gotten their act together.

• Visited June 2013