“Nice stay”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Saint John, Canada
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a nice room overlooking the woods.The air conditioners throughout the hotel kept us comfortable through some very hot days. The breakfast room was laid out in a way that prevented traffic jams ,with lots of seating ,well maintained with a better than usual selection. Friendly hard working staff ,clean well looked after hotel .

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the elevators as they are a bit noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianA060
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much taking the time to write this review. I will be sure to let the staff know that you notice how friendly, hard working and clean they keep the hotel. It was out pleasure to serve you and looking forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good location but N Conway is not a big town so every hotel is close to the Outlets. Room was average. Breakfast was decent. Coffee was really good.

Friendly staff and hotel was clean.

One thing that disappointed me and I realize that this will not apply to everyone but there is no workout room on site. I inquired about this and the workout room is actually at another hotel?

Due to the fact that it was advertised as having one and there is not one on site is reason enough for me not to stay here again. I understand that this is not fault of the staff but likely someone in corporate. If I had of known that the fitness center was at another hotel, I would have stayed there.

I felt that was misleading and I hope this gets clarified on the main site or removed.

Aside from the above, it was typical.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retsekud
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and all the kind comments. We do not have a fitness center and I have corrected the sight that stated we did. We do not ever want to represent anything incorrect. I hope you will try us again and we could direct you to a fitness center close by for a great workout.
I do appreciate your honesty and it was our pleasure to serve you.
Danville, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

This property is relatively new. Centrally located and close to Mt. Washington and Kancamagus Highway. Room rates are reasonable and breakfast included, just like all HI Express hotels. Staff is friendly.

Stayed June 2014
I really appreciate all the wonderful comments. The hotel is located in close to restaurants, shopping, attractions, and much more. It was our pleasure to serve you and looking forward to your next stay.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am a platinum IHG member.
This is the 5th or 6th HI Express I've stayed in in the past month and a half- this one is very clean and in a good location- but doesn't quite hold up to the standard of what I've gotten used to expecting. First off, it's a bit higher in price than I am used to- even higher than the nearby Hampton which is usually not the case. It also doesn't have a fitness room- that is one of the amenities I have gotten used to using on my stays :( it doesn't have the ever- present hot cocoa that most properties have either... And no cookies as quite a few offer- good thing my kids have grown up because when they were younger- we counted on those things being there!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for writing this review and staying with us. We only have Hot Cocoa in the winter as an extra on cold winter days. I am sorry that you were missing certain things but they are not standards of the Holiday Inn Express. We do hope you enjoyed the kick off of our summer season here in the beautiful White Mountains. We did have a fun week last week with Laconia Bike Week and the opening of many of our attractions in the area. Thank you again for staying.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The cleanliness and comfort of my room (107) was great. The room has the amenities that you expect a HIExpress to have and the bed was so comfortable. The helpfulness and cheerfulness of the front desk staff while both busy and in a lull it's notable to say service remained constant. I didn't have the breakfast while there the one night. The only thing I would note on is the pool could have used some attention.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers lookout to hotel parking, outlet malls area, rooms with even numbers lookout...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cheryl7MA
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. The White Mts have so much to offer and I'm happy that you found our location in the middle of it all. Looking forward to your next stay.
North West
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed in a few HIExpress in my time, you get what you get. What made this one stand out was the very cheerful, helpful and professional staff. The rooms were clean, what was exceptional was how comfortable the bed was, it really was a wrench to get out of it! The aircon worked beautifully.
the complementary breakfast was ok, the pancake machine was not working and the sausages looked inedible. But apart from that you had a good choice of toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, cereals, muffins, etc
We had a room that faced the back of the property onto woodlands.
Reading some of the other reviews about the smell of smoking, we did not find this at all.
I would consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, and away from any smoking rooms if you want to be away from that. t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank blueyonderNorthWest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Our pillow-top beds are really hard to pull yourself away from. I will let my staff know your great comments about them. I will also speak with Head of Breakfast about your concerns. Thank you once again for staying with us. Looking forward to your next stay.
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

from first vist to the new holiday express in wakarusa indiana we stayed at the one in no. conway .n.h., ease of 1 st class service to value, cleanliness,pool, complimentry breakfast ease of check-out and above all the staff made you feel most welcomed as a regular customer i strongly reccomend this and any other holiday express

Room Tip: all rooms are great as it is a multiple service hotel,family,couple group, or single traveler
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred S
Thank you for staying with us. It sounds like you had an amazing vacation. I will be sure to let all my staff know your kind comments. It was our pleasure serving you and looking forward to your next stay.