“A little pricey, but nice”

Holiday Inn Express North Conway
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed September 1, 2008

The staff was very helpful and sincere. Been staying there every summer for 6 years and they have always been very accomodating. Great location, great breakfast. Will definetely stay here again

Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed August 19, 2008

me and my family stayed here last week we thought it was great, the staff was more then accomadating, we booked the king 2 rm suite, it was fabulous! very big, my 2 boys loved the jacuzzi tub, it was like having a swimming pool in your room, the continental breakfast was weak but your right next to mcdonalds so you can always walk over and have breakfast there. the location is in a prime spot. we walked to the outlet stores in less then 10 minutes. i understand the other persons reponse about the smoking rooms being mixed in with the non smoking rooms, but the smoking rooms were all at the end of the hall, i am a smoker and our room was non smoking and the only time i smelled cigarette smoke was when i walked by a room that they smoked heavily in, the pool was a bit small but the adult swim hours are a good idea. we enough our stay very much that today i booked again for november, i would recommend this hotel to others, holiday inn are the only hotels i have never had a problem with and i have stayed in enough of them to feel like an expert.
one other thing to point out was that the maids were very attentive to any need i had, when every i forgot to have the room cleaned, i would just tell the maid in the hall and she immediately got me fresh towels, trash bags, and took all my trash from me, with a smile on her face.

Reviewed August 7, 2008

August 5, 2008

Stayed here overnight on our drive through the area. Would never stay here or any Holiday Inn again. The hotel smelled so bad in parts it was unusable. We typically take the stairs everywhere, we couldn't use the stairwells as they smelled so badly they made us all want to gag. The smoking rooms are mixed in with the non-smoking rooms and the smell of cigarette smoke is everywhere. We couldn't use the bathroom fan as it brought in smoke from the other rooms into our room. The games room for the kids is smack in the middle of the smoking section of the hotel, exposing all the children in the hotel to second hand smoke, indicating a total disregard for the health of the children guests of the hotel. The continental breakfast was barely tolerable. The only hot food was the cold scrambled eggs and the only available fruit was a banana. Even my teenage son found the food gross. The phone in the room was grimy and had hair from previous occupants all over it, the rest of the room was similar. My daughter touched one of the sides of the night stand and came away with a goo stuck to her hand. This hotel is way overpriced compared to all the other hotels that I have stayed at and a real disappointment

3  Thank MomoftwoOttawa
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Rooms clean, beds comfy, staff friendly. We would return. Would be nice if pool was larger. Like that they have adult swim hours. Perfect location. Dissappointed by the breakfast though, or lack of. On both days we stayed, they ran out of food. Took a long time in between to replenish eggs. The food was low quality. Muffins were processed, not fresh baked. Overall, the hotel was a good value.

Reviewed July 2, 2008

Stayed there in June for a trip to Storyland with my five year old daughter. I splurged and booked a suite with jacuzzi tub and kitchenette. It was HUGE! Lots of space for us and more if there had been any. Everything was clean and in good order. It was a 15 minute ride or so to Storyland and near lots of other activities, shopping, etc. Santa's Village is an hour away if you want to do a day trip there. It was convenient to have breakfast included and great to have an indoor pool. My child loves to swim. Of course, this is not a four-star hotel so...the breakfast was OK but nothing special. There are "hot" items but don't expect a Denny's breakfast. There were a few sausage patties, biscuit, and premade egg thingy. Hot oatmeal. Again, if you want to get up and get going on activities it's great to have a place to grab juice, coffee, a bagel and cereal and go! Also, the pool is a little small and can get crowded. Also seemed a little over-chlorinated. The smell was quite strong and our eyes got very red. I'm still trying to get the bleachy smell out of our bathing suits! But those are minor things that did not mar our stay. I would stay there again and probably stay longer to see more of beautiful North Conway....

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank My2centsBoston
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Good location. Good value. Stayed there with my sister and her best friend for a girls weekend shopping after Christmas. The size of the room was good and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very pleasant too.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2008

The Holiday Inn was very clean and nice but didn't really have anything special about it. Even though I went there in the winter i would never stay there in the summer because there is no outdoor pool at the hotel, ( or at least when I went there wasn't). I think with there being so many hotels in North Conway you may be able to do better than spending your money here. If you do end up staying here it is a nice hotel and it is clean so I give it an average rating.

• Stayed: January 2003, traveled with family