“Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in North Conway
Westerly
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've been coming to North Conway for about 20 years now. This was my first stay at the holiday inn. Overall it was good. The staff puts a lot of attention into keeping the rooms and hotel clean. On multiple occasions I saw staff vacuuming the hallways and entry way. The staff does a good job at keeping breakfast items fild. The breakfast was ok, the pancake machine was broken so choices were either fake eggs or hard boiled and toast/bagels. The only complaint I would have was regarding the noise at nighttime. I was kept up most nights by people running through the hallways and constantly slamming doors. Our room was on the third floor next to the stairs and it would sound like everyone was stomping up and down the stairs. It was very easy to hear noise through the doors. Being a holiday weekend I expected the hotel to be busy. The location is great and I'm sure illbe back when staying this summer. The next time I'll ask for a room away from the stairs and ice maker.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim J
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. 20 years is a long time to come up to the beautiful White Mountains. I will be sure to let the housekeepers know that you appreciated how clean they keep the building. All my staff are here to serve you. I'm sorry that it was noisey. Holiday weekends can really get active. Next time you make a reservation, be sure to let the front desk agent know know your needs for room location. Once again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. Looking forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Newton, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Was disappointed when I asked if I could have a late checkout, do take a conference call. The hotel showed 0 flexibility. Hotel was not very busy, just showed a lack of concern for my situation. I explained that I was a platinum member and was just asking until 2PM. Still no concern. I thought for as much business as I give their company for work and personal trips, they should try to accomodate better.........especially on a Monday...but again....poor service. Next time We will stay at the Hampton Inn right next door.....they seem to have a better grasp of customer service and loyalty.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Thank you also for being a Plantinum member. I'm sorry that you were disappointed. Due to the holiday weekend the front desk was instructed to honor only noon late checkouts. Going forward, I hope that you will give us another chance and please feel free to ask for management . I would have surely understood that conference calls take time. Once again, thank you for this review. Customer service is very important to me and I would like the opportunity to be able to serve you.
Bellingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went up for the night stayed in the king bed studio had a fire place a jacuzzi tub for 2 and a walk in shower all very nice the bed and pillows are amazing this is the second time staying here next I'm up there I will stay there again always great

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Will C
Thank you for taking the time to write another great review. Looking forward to your next stay!
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

great location to Skiing, shops, and restaurants. had 10" of snow 1st day. nice! hotel was very clean. pool and hot tub were great. our kids made friends with many others. breakfast was good. if serving eggs they should use actual eggs in shell not egg mix and please fix pancake maker. other than that I would definitely recommend this hotel for families and would come back.

We used Priceline 2.5 stars to get hotel without bidding. Saved us a lot of money. Would recommend this approach when booking. For 2 night stay we saved 35% paid for my lift ticket and dinner or 2.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian S
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
What fun to have you stay in a BIG winter storm with us! Making friends on vacation is always a winner too. I 'm sorry that the pancake machine was out of order during your stay. Also, I hope you saw the hard boiled eggs provided in the refrigerator with the yogurt.. I appreciate you staying with us. Looking forward to your next stay and making more memories as a family.
Pascoag, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We came up to the mountains to walk the trails of the Kancamagus Highway. After many hours spent hiking through the woods it was nice to have a cheerful staff and a nice comfortable room to return to, The staff was very acommodating in suggesting restaurants and nightlife for our evening enjoyment. The next morning a very satisfying breakfast was provided prior to us setting out again for a jaunt up to Jackson for some scenic viewing. We were very pleased with our stay and will be back in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the hotel have a nice woodland view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for writing this reivew. I will be sure to let the staff know your kind comments. It is always our pleasure to serve you. Looking forward to you next stay with us here in the beautiful White Mountains!
Hooksett, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed here many times to shop the outlets. This year, they were particularly accommodating allowing us to check in at 9am. The next day, we left a second car parked most of the day and they didn't mind when we came in to use the restrooms and even heat up some food in the hotel lobby (my son's "snack" for his ride home). The rooms are always clean and we like having a fridge in the room. Its the little things that make the difference and make you want to come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer H
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. It is our pleasure to serve you and it is the little things that make a difference. Hope you found alot of good deals but most of all had a great time with your family. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. Looking forward to you next "Shopping Spree to North Conway"!
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Enjoyed our stay even though for only one night. Breakfast was good, as usual at Holiday Inn Express. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was polite and helpful, couldn't have asked for better. The hotel is close to the Conway Scenic Railway as well as lots of outlets and shops. The boys enjoyed the pool !!

Room Tip: When traveling with kids I always ask for a room close to the pool so they won't have to tromp a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pools are alot of fun. I'm so glad that your family had a wonderful time and it was out pleasure to serve you. Looking forward to your next stay and fun swim time!