“Location is all its got,”

Holiday Inn Express North Conway
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Johnston, Rhode Island
“Location is all its got,”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Checked in Friday night 01/04/2012 for a two night stay while skiing, duct tape holding carpet together on first floor, the carpet had a funky odor in our room, bathroom , room, need major work. After we returned from skiing on Saturday, I was shocked to find out that maid service completely missed our room,When I brought it to their attention they were quick to bring new towels we made our own beds, but the fact that the bathroom was missed really dampened the second night. I could have recieved a credit but because I used Hotel.com there was nothing the desk could do, (from now on book direct)...

Room Tip: careful with prepaid hotel sites!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jpd962
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns. We are so excited about the new carpet which is being installed in all the public areas this week. I have looked into you comments on the housekeeping side and I'm glad that my front desk agent tried to correct your cleaning needs. We appreciate both positive feedback as well as input on things that we can improve upon to ensure a great stay for our guest. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Casco, Maine
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

First of all, the only negative thing I can say has to do with 6 of the clients at the pool. And it's my own fault I didn't report them. But I knew if I ran down to the clerk and told and the clerk followed me back to the pool..it could have meant trouble! I kept looking around hoping to see a video camera recording the incident! Either they don't have one, were preoccupied, or were, themselves, videoing for YouTube! It was that bad! If it was just me I could have just silently laughed at their trashiness, but my daughter kept saying, Mom, do something! They are being so annoying!" (As she pointed to the 3 women and 3 big guys and I quietly hushed her!) They had brought their own 80s style boom box, beer, and loud, disrespectful mouths. They were literally dancing in the hot tub--their own dance party. A couple times I wanted to take a picture--just because I couldn't believe my eyes! Needless to say the kids I took to the pool were sad, when after a little bit I had had enough, and we left! Everything else was great! Staff were super nice. Very clean rooms. Others staying at hotel were nice. Continental breakfast was great. It was affordable. And when my lil ones decided to recreate a scene from The Suite Life With Zach and Cody by standing on the luggage cart and accidentally knocked it over the maid didn't yell at us! ;)
We would stay there again! But before going in the pool, I would scope it out so you could tattle before even going in!

I scored from the perspective of a mom with little kids looking for a nice, but affordable place to stay with the fam!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Please, Please, the next time you stay here and guest are being this way, call or come to the front desk immediately and my staff will ask them to leave or be appropriate. We want all our guest to enjoy the pool area. Once again, thank you for staying and sharing what happened. Pool Patrol is on duty!
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2013

While the sign on the road says, "New" this is not what the hotel presents. When we arrived, they made a nice effort to get our room ready about 30 minutes early. While I am a Platinum Prioity Club member, I was not greeted as such. Not a big deal but always a nice touch. Our room, was clean. Nice linens. The bathroom tub had mold around the edges and the calking was coming out. Walls and door were very thin. Lots of hallway noise in the room and easy to hear your neighbors conversing. Lots of families were staying here. So, lots of kids running around the hotel, riding the elevators, running in the halls, and eating everything at breakfast. I am on the road +/- 150 days a year and have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express hotels. This, unfortunately, was my worst experience so far.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the good comments along with the not so good. We do appreciate that you are a Platinum Priority Club member and loyal to the brand. There was a lot of excitement on the property ringing in the new year and just having fresh snow in the area. We are continuing to finish up our renovation and still improving the property. I hope that you will try us again when all is completed. Once again, thank you for your sincere comments.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a newly renovated Holiday Inn Express that serves a nice hot breakfast in the morning. The staff is incredible! When we checked in, it was obvious customer service is their number one priority here! Megan was very professional and made sure we knew about all of the services the property provided. Our room was very cozy. We were upgraded, complimentary, because we our Priority Club members even though it was a busy holiday weekend. Most hotels would not do this on a holiday weekend. The room had a fireplace and jacuzzi tub which was wonderful! The bed was so comfortable, I believe a pillow top mattress. We hated to get out of bed! We definitely will come back to this hotel. Oh, and they had a nice indoor swimming pool with adult time only and a hot tub ! Fabulous! Give this hotel a try. You will love it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I appreciate all the wonderful comments that you made. Megan is one of our "Stars" at the front desk. Thank you for being part of the Priority Club and supporting the brand. We are looking forward to your next stay. Once again, thank you for staying with us and it was out pleasure to serve you!
Osgoode
Reviewed December 1, 2012

There was 26 of us on a shopping weekend, and checking in went smoothly, they seemed to be well organized. Staff was great, friendly, and hotel was very clean. Free breakfast was good. The hotel is only about a five min. walk to the outlets. Perfect place to saty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Patti-GM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Your group was so fun! I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments about the hotel and staff. We really appreciate the kind words. I think you bought the town out! :) Looking forward to your return next year. Once again, thank you for staying with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent 2 nights here during a recent road trip around New England. Check-in was quick and efficient, and the hotel had a modern and clean feel about it. The room (looking to the rear of the hotel) was large, well equipped, clean and quiet. The bed was enormous and comfortable, and fast complimentary wi-fi was also provided. We were warned that breakfast might be busy due to a coach trip, so went early to avoid the rush, but found that the coach party had decided to eat early too! Not a major issue, and the staff were very helpful, but additional seating areas for use by large parties that tend to eat at the same time should be considered, so as not to inconvenience other customers. The breakfast itself was of the usual HIE standard, but lacked fresh fruit. The hotel is conveniently located within North Conway, and there are plenty of shops and eateries close by. Would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you very much for writing this great review. Our breakfast is wonderful and bananas are a favorite fruit on our breakfast bar. I'm sorry if you didn't get them.
Looking forward to your stay again. It was really nice of you to take the time to write a review. Have a great holiday season !
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

First of all, the manager was acting like she was a newbie dealing with third parties reservations(hotwire, priceline) and was trying to explain how it works to me like five times. I am a priority club member and i have never seen being nickle & dime like this. There were no perks at all for members. And at other IHG hotels there always is, and i've been to hundreds of them... Most importantly the bed was so old and uncomfortable that i was barely able to sleep, and i have a young 32 years old in shape back... Also i posted some pictures of the window frame and sealing; horrible! Price was so high too so very bad value! Will never go back for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K1000MTL
First, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate that you are a Priority Club member with the IHG family. We are going thru a renovation and still have some areas to touch up in certain rooms. I'm sorry that the staff was unable to meet your needs due to high occupancy in the area at the time of your stay.
I hope that you will reconsider and give us another try. Once again, thank you for you comments.