“Awesome”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
North reading
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights. It was great the pools and playground are great for kids. It was such a great trip I can't wait to go back. Perfect location to do whatever you want. The lobby is very welcoming and the staff is very nice and helpful. It was an awesome experience I will always stay at this hotel when I go to North Conway!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mdog34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at the resort for the 4th of July weekend. The location was the best. We have stayed at many area hotels and this one certainly was one of the better. There were a few things though... 1. The fitness center closed at 10pm. Not really sure why since it was its own room. I like to work out after my family goes to bed and this did not work for me. 2. The room we stayed in was very large with plenty of room for us, but, there was a very strong food odor that we just could. to eliminate. The bed was also very very firm and not the most comfortable. The linens were nice though. 3. Not sure why but during our first night, we were kept awake by a screaming child. Not sure if the child was in the room next door or in the hall but either way, there was little noise protection. You could hear everything in the room we were on. We were near an elevator so that might have been the reason.
The staff was very nice and professional. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was very good. The waiter was very busy as there were only 2 people working that night but he did a fantastic job and we felt he was very attentive.
As I said before the location was the BEST. Walk out the hotel and you walked right into the outlet area. Drive a very short distance, utilizing the back roads, we were in town. We would certainly stay again just would ask for a room away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drgesq
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Second time at this hotel. Super kid friendly hotel that offered various activities to entertain our 4 year old twins. Hotel was clean, friendly and courteous staff and great indoor and outdoor pools.

Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel while visiting Santa's Village and Storyland for the weekend. The hotel was perfect. My kids especially loved the cookies and lemonade in the lobby, as well as the moose, wolf, and bear! Our room was spotless, spacious and everyone had plenty of room, even with 2 small children and 2 adults. The hotel is conveniently located only minutes from Storyland and right in the middle of the outlets, which provided me with some entertainment after spending the day in Santa's Village! We stayed at the hotel for dinner. The decor is fun, especially being in the White Mountains. My kids felt like they were in a wilderness cabin. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We have stayed at their other hotels and have had incredible experiences at each one. The customer service is consistently excellent. We are looking forward to our next trip here and hoping to stay a few more nights.

Bronx
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've stayed here several times over the past five years, and never had any complaints, but I guess this was not my lucky year. I checked in around 4:30 while my wife went to the outlets. Went up to the room and noticed an odor in the room. Thought I was being oversensitive given my last hotel experience in Orlando, so I rationalized the smell was somehow related to the room being close to the pool. I decided to purchase some Febreze/Lysol/Oust to be safe.

Went back to the room with my wife around 8:30 (her first time in room), she makes a face and said that's the smell of a male cat marking it's territory and she can't understand why I didn't complain hours ago when I checked in. We try the entire can of Lysol, open the top window, went down to the front desk to ask for either another room or to have housekeeping come up. We were told hotel is full and that they would call housekeeping.

Get back to the room at 10:30. Housekeeping must have come by, but the only apparent change was the bottom window was open. Still stunk to high heaven. The kind of smell that sticks to everything. We decide we can't stay overnight, grab our bags and go back down to the front desk to let them know we are leaving.

At the front desk, we are told there is nothing they can do for me at that point (really....you can't call around to see if another hotel has a room available), but a manager can call us the next day to discuss a lower rate on the room. Said I wasn't interested in a lower rate, that I'm not paying for a room that is uninhabitable. This goes back and forth for several minutes, (getting progressively louder) when a random woman in the lobby says..."were you booked in room 325?". I said yes, why? She then says that the hotel tried to put her family in it at 4PM, they went to the room and came back down and complained about the horrible smell and were given another room.

This incensed me.....I asked the front desk clerk "how can you call yourself a hospitality company, knowing that 1) a room wasn't cleaned to standards and 2) a customer notified you of the cleaning failure." Front desk clerk said she was not aware, to which my new buddy that changed rooms said "Yes, you knew because you were the clerk who we checked in with and gave us the new room." At this point, facing a 4.5 hour drive home, and realizing the futility of the situation, we left. I have not been charged for the room (yet), but if/when I am, I will dispute the charge.

Obviously, lots of opportunity for additional training for the cleaning staff (how could they make up a room and not notice the stench) and the front desk (if someone complains about an odoriferous room, investigate the complaint instead of just giving the room to the next unsuspecting guest).

The hotel is in a great location, with great amenities. Not sure I could stay there in the future....I would always wonder if the cleaning team really did their job.

Room Tip: Avoid room 325
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Backouters2
Westville, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great location.Everything needed is very close,which is important in congested north conway.Good kids programs.I have stayed at this hotel several times.This week we stayed for 4 nights.Best stay yet.Staff were more professional and friendly then other trips.Property maintenance was better then before.Breakfast is good,but servers are needed.Plan to visit again.

Holden Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We went for a weekend escape to checkout this historic hotel on a whim.

The front line staff was engaging, but a seemed a bit strained. They answered phones, booked outings etc, all while checking us in.

My family and I then interacted with two managers, who we later found out were the human resources and regional operator. In a nutshell, their inability to relate to our concerns (coffee, cleanliness, etc) and subsequent I deference will result in us not returning.

Had the front line staff, who again was very friendly, been able to solve our problems, we would be loyal fans.

The bears are cute - but service is more important.

Stayed June 2014