“Perfect for families”

North Conway Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I've been going here for a few years in a row with my family and my friend's family for our annual trip to Storyland. Our kids love the 3 pools (kids pool is great for the younger ones and indoor pool is great when the weather cools down) and the adults love the hot tubs. There are so many great extras with all the kids activities, lemonade and cookies in the afternoon, ice cream and movies in the evening, arcade, playground, ping ping tables and firepit - kids are never bored! The moms are happy since the outlets are practically attached and the dads like the bar! Great to see that they have updated the rooms since our last stay too. Looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and thought this hotel was fine. I totally would not stay here for an adult weekend or anything... the place is crawling with kids, and that was great because we had two of them! We did not use housekeeping since we only stayed 2 nights, but our rooms were clean and stocked when we arrived. Our beds were SUPER comfortable. Bathroom is a little small. We liked the breakfast. Front desk was nice. I did not give 5 stars because, well, it's just not a 5 star place. But there certainly wasn't anything wrong with it - except a little too much chlorine in the pool inside...

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Every year we take the kids to North Conway and stay at the North Grand. The kids like the pools, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is nice and they like the looby and social activities.
I think at this point if we stayed anywhere else, they would be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Some times they run out of towels at the pool, they refill them often, but make sure you grab them b...
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived at check in time (3pm) and were made to wait until 4pm because there were no available rooms. We stayed in a suite and found the rooms to be dated and worn down. When we finally got to the room we realized that the bedding had not been changed on the pull-out couches and the blanket in the cabinet smelled like dirty diapers. The maid was very apologetic and helpful and changed the beds promptly when we asked. The lobby is cute and there are lots of pools for kids and parents to enjoy, but overall the hotel seemed overbooked and was too crowded for my taste so I would not return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the 5th or 6th time I have taken my daughter to the Grand and it just keeps getting better. Rooms are clean and spacious, The house keeping keeps the rooms clean and beds made and even arranges my daughters dolls on beds Keeps towels fully stocked. Restaurant keeps getting better and takes care of special situations with food allergies. Great bartenders and wait staff, Front desk agents were super good, although I miss, Miss Debbie, She was one of the best front desk ladies I had the pleasure to know. Main lobby and outside chandeliers are done over and looking good, Fantastic pools ( Although a little to much chlorine turned my yellow bathing suit to see through white) had to go change the suit. My daughters bathing suit faded also. But better sanitized than not I guess. I definitely will be going back. my daughter enjoys the ice cream socials and the movie theater that the Grand has for the kids for free.

Room Tip: I like the higher rooms, a little less noisy, And try to get rooms on front or side, Trash trucks pi...
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We Spent two nights in a nice room with a nice view. The room is very comfortable wide and clean.
The staff was very helpful and patient in advising places and activities in the area.
We had to pay for WiFi which is not common these days (the only place in all our trip).

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The location of the hotel is great. Step out the door and the outlets are there. Was convenient for wives that shop, so dad and kids can stay at the pool. There were some places were the hotel did show some wear, but considering all the traffic there it was still well maintained. Rooms were average, but clean. There were 3 pools. One indoor, one outdoor, and one kiddie pool outdoors. There is also a bond fire area every night (propane), that was nice. Breakfast buffet was nice, but same every morning, but lots to choose from. Parents pay for the meal and the kids eat free. Still better than driving around to find a place. Still averaged about $6 per person. Staff were friendly and helpfull. I would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms further from elevators are quieter.
1  Thank Mark G
Residence Inn North Conway
#2 of 25 in North Conway
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
White Mountain Hotel and Resort

Been to North Conway Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about North Conway Grand Hotel

Address: Route 16 at Settlers' Green Outlet Village, North Conway, Conway, NH 03860
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#13 Romantic Hotel in North Conway
#13 Family Hotel in North Conway
Price Range: $107 - $275 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — North Conway Grand Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your North Conway Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Hotel North Conway