“Friendly Staff”

Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stopped in here on a Friday over President's Day weekend to find a room at the last minute for a hiking trip. The manager was very nice and helpful and got me settled right away. The room was clean, if a little outdated, but since I really just needed a place to sleep I didn't care. I was in the "motel" part of the Inn, which meant I could park my car right outside my room - really helpful to get an early start in the morning.
I would stay here again, maybe checking out the other more updated rooms if I planned on staying longer. But the service and friendliness was top notch and it was in the perfect location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Loved the lobby area; great fireplace, complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Nice pool, great variety for breakfastand a perfect location in North Conway. Our room was very spacious. We've been twice and had a great experience both times.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed one night at the Green Granite Inn. As a Mom away without my family for an overnight stay after a friend's wedding, this was a perfect choice. The staff was friendly and courteous, and welcomed me warmly after a hectic day. The room was spacious, neat and clean, and in good condition; bed was comfy and plenty of pillows and blankets.. Pretty quiet overall, even on the first floor where my room was (once the person in the room above settled down...). Breakfast wasn't fancy, but there were enough options to suit my needs; staff was always restocking low items and keeping things neat, but unobtrusively. My only criticism would be of the Fitness Room, which was very small and only had 3-4 pieces of equipment... A treadmill, stair stepper (I think?), and a bike are what I remember. No elliptical, which would have made a nice addition. Still, this was a fine hotel for an overnight stay by myself, and I would stay there again. Rates were comparable to other local properties, check AAA or other sites for discounts... I was able to find $89 deal online.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Highly recommend Green Granite. Owners are VERY friendly and accommodating. You will not get this service and Ambiance from a chain hotel. Lobby and common area with huge Stone Fireplace, TV, checkersboard, couches are very inviting. Room was spacious and clean. Had a bit of trouble with the heat, but it worked out.

Room Tip: Breakfast included was clean and adequate. Property had many +s.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Picked this hotel due to proximity to Jackson and Crawford notch for CC skiing. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub. Room was adequate. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but again when traveling with kids it is a big help. Watched the NFL playoff game in the upstairs lounge with a bunch of other families. I would return again if traveling with kids.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you so much for this great review! All our guests love to use our bears den with that great big screen TV and Leather couches that make it a great gathering space. I hope that we see you around the Inn Soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Three generations of women in our family have enjoyed a yearly getaway to the Mount Washington Valley. Our fondest memories are those made in the fire-placed “living room" area at the Green Granite. We have gone elsewhere on these ladies weekends, but we always seem to come back to Green Granite. Over the years, however, some of the rooms and common areas have fallen to disrepair. Particularly, the condos seemed to be the hardest hit from lack of upkeep. During one of our stays there, the condo was poorly stocked in terms of cookware, dining items and chairs to sit at the dining table. However, a quick email to the management and the issues were resolved.
During our last stay (January 2014), we were pleased to see that the condos had been spruced up. There were newer sofas and the kitchen was appropriately stocked with supplies. The mattresses are OK, but may need to be replaced. They were clean too.
As for suggestions to improve the stay, the continental breakfast could offer fresh fruit, and perhaps scrambled eggs would be better than poached eggs and offering bacon and not just sausages would be nice as well.
All in All, we enjoy our stay here year after year. The management has made significant improvements to the property and we will likely return for our nearly 30th year at the Green Granite.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are far better in terms of cleanliness, comfort and being up to date.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Wow, thank you for this wonderful review. It's great that guests that come back year after year enjoy using our lobby areas and how warm and exciting is that large fireplace? I thank you for all your comments and it is great to see you notice the extra touches we gave and how much pride we take in keeping up the wonderful GRANITE experience. We will keep the fire roaring hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel was awesome and the rooms were really big! I loved that they had an indoor pool and hottub and an outdoor pool! The staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. The place was well maintained and they had a nice playground for the kids. I would definitely stay here again. We also loved the decorations in the lobby and the free coffee, tv, and brochures. The hotel was huge and it even had a mini library and tv and couch.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family