Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Poor”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Came for a weekend getaway. Online showed beautiful rooms and great views. My girlfriend and I get our room and the first thing we see from the outdoor patio is the indoor pool. That's something I don't want to see when I look out... A parking lot or even trees would be better than that... I don't want to see families swimming when I look out. This weekend was raining and the parking lot was pure ice. We almost fell more than once. They didn't do anything to make it safe for their customers till almost 10am. Leaving us unsafe to get to and from our cars. We go to the front desk to ask about our charge because we looked at our bank statement and they added $10.00 to our bill. They added a cot to our room when we never asked them. On top of that they send out a confirmation and we were staying group rate and they added gratuity but don't tell you on the statement. Very poor of them on their part. I know it would be added but it's still suppose to show you the breakdown on what you are going g to be charged... i also feel like they charge more than they should for the quality of the place. We will never stay there again...

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
sterling, va
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed for six nights at the Green Granite Inn,December 21-26th, 2013. This is nice high end motel. It is not a Hotel or resort as they advertise. I will go over what I liked and didn't like about it. The likes are first:

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Anything we asked of them they helped and were very customer service oriented. They were very good.
The housekeeping staff was very good too. Our room was spotless and in good order when we arrived. We asked them at the start to just leave us plenty of towels for a few days and we would let them know when/if we needed other services. They did as we asked. In fact the 2nd day they brought by a big bag of towels that lasted us the entire stay except for having to replenish some wash cloths. We left our trash and dirty towels (in bags) outside our door and they were picked up almost immediately. No complaints at all for them. In fact, I left them a very nice tip at the end.

The front lobby is very nice. It is very big. It has a huge fireplace that they keep going most of the time. If it isn't going, someone at the front will start it back up for you. Also have nice, large TV. It was Christmastime and it was decorated very nicely. They also have a microwave in the lobby and coffee pretty much 24/7. Also have a wide range of menus from many of restaurants in the area. That is very helpful to tourists like us. You can park near your room which is good if you have a lot of luggage.
They have free breakfast every day. More about that in the not so good section. Also have nice big, comfy lounge room on the 2nd floor between buildings. It is also nice if you are in an adjoining building that you don't have to go outside to go to the lobby or to breakfast. They also have a pool and exercise room.
The room we had was two queen size beds. They were very comfortable. The room also has a nice size refrigerator,iron and a small closet area. They seemed to have plenty of good hot water too. No problems with that at all. The room has a private porch area but we couldn't use that since it was winter time.
Now for the not so good part of this motel:
The rooms do not have a microwave. This is the first motel I have stayed in recently that did not have this. I was very surprised by this. This is almost a staple for a room these days. Quite honetly I assumed they had one in every room when I booked. If I had known they did not I doubt that I would have stayed here.
The TV in the room was terrible. It was very old and nearly worn out. It had orangy picture and you could hardly see the picture clearly. They really need to update their TV's for more modern ones.
The room was a little smaller than I expected. Especially for one that had two queen beds. It seemed just a little cramped. But we brought a lot with us since we were away for more than a week so that may have played into it.
They have free breakfast everyday but it is not very good. They mostly have bagels,pastry's,cereal and doughnuts. They did have eggs and sausage the days I ate there but wasn't that good. They had pancakes one day but it was not that good either. They seemed like they may have been of the frozen kind that had been heated up in a kitchen. I didn't even bother getting up to go eat there the last three mornings of our trip. They really need to improve that or just not bother with it.
They have wifi, but for me, at least, it was confusing and different from what I am used to at other motels. They used something called Fusion. I had a lot of trouble getting on initially. I finally got my laptop going but I had to end up calling the front desk, then Fusion for help with my Kindle Fire. Fusion connected me, someway, and it was OK after that. It really shouldn't be that hard to connect with the wifi. They should consider using a little more user friendly wifi.

Overall I believe the Green Granite is trying to be something they are not. They are not a resort or a high end Hotel by any means. At best they are higher end motel. We received a discount from AARP for staying here. When I saw the regular rates for their rooms I was appalled. They are in no way worth the amount that was shown (over $240 per night). I gave them 4 stars only because the staff was so nice to us. That means a lot to me and people should be commended for that. But if you take that out, 3 stars would be the more proper rating. If you stay here only expecting a higher end motel then you won't be disappointed. But if you expect a hotel/resort type stay then you may be very disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you can. No elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hallrk
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We take great pride in all our guests going above and beyond to help along the way. Im so glad that you were able to have an exteded stay, many people do not get to enjoy the valley for that lenght of time. I am thankful for your comments, it will be very benificial and we hope that you will return to our Inn soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay.. The room was clean. The indoor pool was great. The breakfast
was very good. The staff is outstanding. Very helpful. The location is just south of the center
of North Conway and close to the ski areas. (5 minutes to Cranmore and 15 to Attitash)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Patti W, General Manager at Green Granite Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time towrite this amazing review! We take pride in making our guests feel at home! I hope that we will see you soon, The Ski Conditions are amazing this time of year!
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Interesting decorations in the hotel lobby with lots of local wildlife meeting you (no longer alive). Also some vintage cars. The hotel itself serves its purpose, the breakfast is good and the location is very near the main street of the town, so one doesn't need to search for the hotel for a long time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Very hospitable hotel with very friendly staff. Large keeping room is inviting and rooms are clean and comfortable. Excellent price/value for the area. We were with our grandchildren who enjoyed the breakfast, games, and pool area. There are many hotels to choose from but this one was not only reasonable, but surprisingly comfortable. Rooms are large and beds comfortable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank svh175
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I can not say enough about the Green Granite Lodge. J have stayed there numerous times and I have had never had a bad experience.

I arrived early and was greeted by Eliza who made arrangements for us to check in early. The room was clean (as usual) and the entire staff was pleasant. The day we checked out we had 18 inches of snow. The staff had the lot and walkways cleared and offered us additional time to check out if needed.

The Green Granite still takes pride in customer service.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor with the balcony
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have been to this hotel many times. Still is a good choice however for the first time, the free breakfast did not meet expectations. Cold eggs or no eggs at all. No fresh fruits, only the canned kind. A large bowl of either vanilla or nature yogurt. It's a good thing they still had bagels and toasts. Can't go wrong there... except there was only cream cheese or jam, no peanut butter.

Room Tip: Larger rooms are in the main building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends