The Green Granite Inn is a great place to take children. The two pools - indoor and outdoor- and playground make it a great choice. The lobby has a little tractor, and lots of stuffed animals (I mean, real animals - stuffed) - that make it look like an old hunting lodge. My son thought it was pretty cool!
The staff are super friendly. That is one thing I saw in the other reviews and it was definitely true! They were helpful to everyone who came and asked them questions. They always made us feel welcome!
Breakfast is a typical hotel breakfast - like the Holiday Inn or the Residence Inn. Basically pastries, bagels, cereal, eggs, sausage. It's not fantastic - but it's free. The next day we had breakfast at the White Mountain Cider Company - much recommended!
The room we stayed in was on the first floor in one of the outer buildings. The decor was a bit dated - green plaid walls, the older "coverlet" style that hotels used to use, before many changed to using down comforters. The carpet and couches in dark muted colors definitely hid stains well and are probably a good choice for a family hotel. With all this in mind, we were very comfortable there - at home - because with a small child, there is nothing more uncomfortable than a fancy upscale hotel room filled with breakable objets d'arte. The bed was actually particularly comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows provided. Plenty of towels were provided and the soaking tub in the bathroom was nice. The TVs were older but worked well and had cable. The kitchen had a supply of dishes, a microwave and a mini-fridge. It's not luxury, but compared to prices of nearby hotels with suites, we feel that we got what we paid for.
Location-wise, it is right in the middle of North Conway. You are right next to Settler's Green, Starbucks, Hannafords (supermarket). There are restaurants all up and down this strip, and many of the sights are only a few minutes away. It was a great location to be in the middle of the action. Perhaps because of the heatwave - and the fact that we came midweek - North Conway didn't have its usual wall-to-wall traffic.
I can only make one complaint. We washed most of our dishes ourselves, but there was no sponge to do so. So, I thought - perhaps the housekeeping staff washes the dishes when they come. We had one dish that was unwashed - and it was still unwashed when we returned.
OK two - My other complaint would be that the hot tub in the indoor pool room looked rather strange. It was filled with bubbles and also some green colored stuff on top of the bubbles. It just didn't look clean to me! Maybe it was just a temporary situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Granite Inn is a locally owned and operated inn, situated in the heart of North Conway, NH. We take great pride in providing a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for families and couples to enjoy their trips to the White Mountains. We have 91 comfortable rooms and suites with several different configurations and a conference center that holds 100 people, perfect for your family reunion or business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Green Granite Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Granite Hotel North Conway
- Green Granite Inn And Conference Center
- Green Granite Inn North Conway
- Green Granite North Conway