This hotel is a good place for the family trip. After a day at the park, or just spending a break from the parks, the hotel has different activities going on. From what I could tell, these were only Mon-Fri, but I could be wrong. The flyer they provided me at check in did not have weekend activities listed, and my stay was mon-thur.
At 4 pm they give out Popsicle at the outdoor pool. There is the evening campfire for about an hour where they provide marshmallows. The offer a BBQ dinner (for a fee) some evenings. They offered a horse and carriage rides one evening. There is the indoor pool, outdoor play area (small swing set and slide) that the kids did enjoy. A movie night (which we did not do). There is also a small arcade and a mini golf on the property.
Also being a guest at Fox Ridge allowed you to use some of the amenities at their sister hotel (about 1/4 mile down the road) where there was a bigger pool and play area. (which we did use) Also at the sister location, there is an indoor water park, which is an additional fee, Kahuna Laguna. The water park was fun, a bit over priced, but it was a fun time with the kids.
The breakfast,which is included with your stay was quite good. Eggs, pancakes, french toast sticks, potato/hash browns, bacon or sausage, yogurt, cold cereals, toast and english muffins, and juice. Free (included) is nice, but when it is convenient and good, it makes it that much better.
Every room has a semi private patio with outdoor chairs to sit and enjoy the beauty of the mountain views.
Of all the above that we actually did, I can only say the amenities to be average at best and good at worst. Not that it was bad in anyway, but I dont want to give the impression it is more than it might imply in a short review.
Where this hotel has exceeded expectations is through customer relations/service. From the hotel manager and reception all the way to the employee attending the fire and passing out marshmallows, everyone seem genuinely happy to assist and make sure you had a good experience at the hotel. I even meet an employee, by chance, during a hike at a near-by park, who was so excited to hear I was staying at "her hotel"
The only problem with the hotel is the lack of maintenance and upkeep of many little things (loose door knobs, storm door windows falling out). It did not diminish our experience during our stay, but I would not be giving a full review if I failed to mention it.
The location was idea for our visit. Story Land (15 minutes away), Mt Washington Auto rd (30 min), Scenic Railway (5 min), Clark's Trading Post, (45 min), Echo Lake (10 min) and much more. Many restaurant choices along the strip. There are also several activities from mini golf, shops, play ground, and more along the strip.
The price was not the cheapest on the strip, (and we stayed at one of the "lesser priced" ones previously), but at Fox Ridge we felt it was a good value!
When planning this 3day midweek mini-vaca, I started with a list of hotel choices After narrowing them down to three, I selected this hotel, in part, because of the reviews I read and how most had replies from the hotel. I felt if they cared to reply and thank a reviewer they must really care about their guests, which through experience I believe this to be true even more after my visit.
If/when we go back, this will be our first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 35 scenic acres overlooking the Moat Mountains, Puddin' Pond, and Green Hill Nature Conservancy, Fox Ridge boasts 136 spacious guest rooms with either two queen beds or a king. Families will enjoy the extra-roomy loft and alcove rooms, and couples the peaceful mountain view rooms with a king sized bed. Most rooms open onto a patio or balcony and provide spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. A complimentary hot buffet breakfast is served daily. Poolside luncheon and family cookouts are offered in summer season. On-property amenities include large indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, whirlpool spa, tennis, miniature golf, hiking trails, playground, and supervised children's program in July and August. Fox Ridge offers a panoramic and private mountain setting, yet is convenient to attractions including Story Land, the Conway Scenic Railroad, and tax-free outlet shopping. And, guests of Fox Ridge have use of Kahuna Laguna, the 40,000 square foot indoor water park located at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort (one-half mile away). Kahuna Laguna features four 300 foot slides, giant wave pool, water activity tower with 150 gallon tipping bucket, kiddies center, 25 person spa, and game arcade. Please inquire about our Kahuna Laguna packages. Open from mid May through late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Fox Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox Ridge Hotel North Conway
- Fox Ridge Resort North Conway